Turning a riding mower engine horizontal

kerryd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anybody have any pictures or diagrams on how to mount a riding mower engine horizontal?I went to a tractor pull the other day and there starting a lawn tractor class.All of them i saw had the engines mount to where they could mount a shaft to the flywheel straight back to the tranny.everything was covered so i couldn't tell exactly how they did it.Any help would be appreciated.

Black Bart

Threads
Does anybody have any pictures or diagrams on how to mount a riding mower engine horizontal?I went to a tractor pull the other day and there starting a lawn tractor class.All of them i saw had the engines mount to where they could mount a shaft to the flywheel straight back to the tranny.everything was covered so i couldn't tell exactly how they did it.Any help would be appreciated.

They use a engine designed to run vertical.
You can buy all sizes of them new, Do a Google or check Northern Tools they would have them.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
As Bart said, engines are designed to run in certain orientations. It would not be good to try and use a vertical in the horizontal orientation. Engines are available in many sizes and shapes depending on what their intended use will be.

kerryd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks.I'm curious where the shaft hooks in the rear?I just now getting into working on riding mowers so i'll need all the help i can get.LOL.