Tune up kits

motime

Threads
Just joined Lawn World and also just bought a house with 2.6 acres of lawn to be mowed. I also bought the sellers John Deere 145 Automatic. I think it's about 10 years old, no manual. I've been told that you can buy tune up kits at Lowes, etc. Used it twice and was cutting very uneven. Got to poking around and noticed 3 broke bolts holding center pulley. In the shop now. Anyone use a "battery tender" during the winter? Thanks.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
My battery has lasted me 4 years because of battery tender. Do not buy battery from Wal-Mart. My son used to work at a battery manufacture and they are built with the lowest grade materials.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
A battery tender is a smart investment.

I also say do not buy a cheap battery.

motime

Threads
My battery has lasted me 4 years because of battery tender. Do not buy battery from Wal-Mart. My son used to work at a battery manufacture and they are built with the lowest grade materials.

Thanks

Nwatson99

Threads
Center pulley over your spindle or idler pulley had three broken bolts?

Retiredcarguy

Threads
Exide at TSC are a good choice.

Yes, use a trickle charger or tender to increase battery life.

Retiredcarguy

Threads
Just joined Lawn World and also just bought a house with 2.6 acres of lawn to be mowed. I also bought the sellers John Deere 145 Automatic. I think it's about 10 years old, no manual. I've been told that you can buy tune up kits at Lowes, etc. Used it twice and was cutting very uneven. Got to poking around and noticed 3 broke bolts holding center pulley. In the shop now. Anyone use a "battery tender" during the winter? Thanks.

The manual may be available online as a PDF.
Google for it by your model.