Tuff Torq K46 HELP!!!!????

Tuoms

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I have a husqvarna yth22v46 with the K46 Transmission. I can no longer go up hills, or even make it up a slightly sloped yard. Read all the info about the K46, so decided to just buy a new transmission and skip the rebuild. I put in the new transmission, went to give it a whirl (I bled the air out first) . and same problem. New transmission, barely made it up the hill. Could it be a stretched drive belt or tensioner? I'd really rather not have to leave it at the shop for 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please tell me that you didn't change the transmission without changing the belts .
Hydros wear out slowly.
So you start to notice them going slower up hill and usually they will work fine in reverse .
In fact that is the quick & dirty test, same both forward & reverse = belts
Better reverse then forward = tranny.

You should get about 1000 hours out of a K46, depending upon how & where you mow.

Tuoms

Forum Newbie
Threads
I checked the belt, seemed fine. Has plenty of tension, not cracked. I will try to put a new belt on today.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does this mower use keys in the axle shafts at the wheels? Are both good and in place? Actual new tranny or new used?

Tuoms

Forum Newbie
Threads
I put a new drive belt on, and seems to be working for now. Fingers crossed.

adrian_001

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I have a John Deere LA 150 with a bad transmission. Can I replace my K46 BE trans (serial # MIA 10911) with a K46 AC transmission (serial # AM 131580).
If so, would this be a direct fit or would I have to make any mods for this to fit in my LA 150? Also, would there be any difference in performance between the two transmissions?

Also, would anybody have any info on a website that listed John Deere lawn tractors from present day and went back to possibly the eighties or nineties year models and showed all the transmissions that were used in each model?
I thought I had it saved out to my favorites but have looked for hours with no luck. It was a pdf file I believe.
Thanks

Last edited: