Troybilt zero turn

ketron47

Threads
Anyone with experience with the Troybilt Mustang XP with 50" deck?

Threads
I have not, but I think this is one of those mowers that is pretty much the same mower, but different brand names are put on it. Troy-Bilt, Craftsman, etc. If you are using it for homeowner purposes, once a week, I think it will serve you well. But like any residential mower, the more you use it, the more likely something is going to break, because they are not built for lots of use.

possum

Threads
Several of them here in town. The ones I talked to liked them. My dealer has one for his own yard and it works well. A cemetery near this dealer bought one and ran it 757 hours with a total engine failure from what is thought to be the oil pump. The mate to it purchased at the same time is still running strong. The blown one was sold and a used engine put in it from a wrecked mower and is still running. The engine is one of the better Courage engines. Seems to be a decent yard mower.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Several of them here in town. The ones I talked to liked them. My dealer has one for his own yard and it works well. A cemetery near this dealer bought one and ran it 757 hours with a total engine failure from what is thought to be the oil pump. The mate to it purchased at the same time is still running strong. The blown one was sold and a used engine put in it from a wrecked mower and is still running. The engine is one of the better Courage engines. Seems to be a decent yard mower.

ketron47,

Based upon user possum's info, if that mower comes with a Kohler Courage engine that may be the downside of buying one(you will see a LOT of warnings about major design flaws in that particular engine on this forum).

ketron47

Threads
ketron47,

Based upon user possum's info, if that mower comes with a Kohler Courage engine that may be the downside of buying one(you will see a LOT of warnings about major design flaws in that particular engine on this forum).

It has a Kohler Courage 25 hp; model SV730-3043 with a build date of 3-21-12. Hopefully they have improved them. :rolleyes:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
It has a Kohler Courage 25 hp; model SV730-3043 with a build date of 3-21-12. Hopefully they have improved them. :rolleyes:

ketron47,
Are you purchasing from a lawn care dealer or a big box retailer(I know they sell Troy-Bilt at Lowes). Just in case Kohler hasn't addressed the design flaws, my concern would be what kind of warranty the engine has and who would perform warranty service on it after the sale if required.

Threads
ketron47,
Are you purchasing from a lawn care dealer or a big box retailer(I know they sell Troy-Bilt at Lowes). Just in case Kohler hasn't addressed the design flaws, my concern would be what kind of warranty the engine has and who would perform warranty service on it after the sale if required.

Yeah, if you got it from Home Depot or Lowe's, they might not be able to repair it. Hopefully you got it from a reputable dealer!!

possum

Threads
It is easy to find out. Go to the Kohler engine site and find your service centers. Do the same with Troybilt. Go check out the service center.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is easy to find out. Go to the Kohler engine site and find your service centers. Do the same with Troybilt. Go check out the service center.

That's great advice possum!!! If the Troy-Bilt ZTR is the kind of deal the OP is seeking, then making sure there is a nearby repair center for any problems would eliminate that concern.