Troy Bilt TB30R Transmission drive belt replacement?

4Corners

Threads
  • / Troy Bilt TB30R Transmission drive belt replacement?
The upper belt broke yesterday. I've ordered MTD replacements for both the upper and lower belts. Any help in installing the new belts would be appreciated.

Model: 13CC26JD011
Serial: 1E227B20369

Thanks!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hardest part of this job will be to get the lower belt off. Clearance between the pulley and frame is to tight to slide belt past.
I normally loosen not remove the two bolts (#6 in diagram) to get extra clearance. You will need to remove the deck and an extra pair of hand will help. I also put the rear end on a pair of jack stands to make it easier to get under. Delete your other thread as this could get confusing.

full.png

4Corners

Threads
Thank you! Doesn't look like the easiest job for an amateur. I can usually get most repairs done if I have a step-by-step guide or a video. I've removed the blade deck from the mower before as that belt came off once and I found a how-to on YouTube, but I'm not sure about approaching this one from just a diagram, particularly if an impact wrench is really required.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You don’t have to remove the nut I think you are talking about needing a torque wrench for. When you loosen the two bolts I mentioned, it will allow the variable speed assembly the tilt to get the belt off.

4Corners

Threads
Oh - got it! Here I go!

4Corners

Threads
Looks like I might be able to get by with just replacing the upper/smaller belt this time. That’s the one that’s broken and it looks fairly simple to get back on now that I have the deck removed.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just my advice, they should be replaced as a set. It’s up to you.

Mower King

Threads
Hardest part of this job will be to get the lower belt off. Clearance between the pulley and frame is to tight to slide belt past.
I normally loosen not remove the two bolts (#6 in diagram) to get extra clearance. You will need to remove the deck and an extra pair of hand will help. I also put the rear end on a pair of jack stands to make it easier to get under. Delete your other thread as this could get confusing.

full.png
Great tip for people! These are not the easiest to change!

4Corners

Threads
W
Great tip for people! These are not the easiest to change!

Which part of the repair will I need the second set of hands for? I’ve got the deck off and the mower on jack stands already.