Troy Bilt Mustang XP 50" Zero Turn WILL not turn when move forward

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Troy Bilt Mustang XP 50" Zero Turn WILL not turn when move forward

You will need to locate your model & serial numbers to get started.

Fatdaddy

Threads
I will have to SELL it. Im 70 years old paid $1200 for this 2 mos ago 380 hrs... Ill ask $800 tell what's wrong with it see If i can just sell it.. AND move on.. Thanks for all the responses on helping me
David
Lebanon Tenn

Fatdaddy

Threads
I put it on Market Place SOLD it for $900.. Guy said he knows a guy who can fix it... Praise BE

fixit1ddh

Threads
This might help show what the problem can be.

Fatdaddy

Threads
Here is a real good one detailed.. SURE glad mine is GONE..

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
I took to the SHOP turns out the right side after about 25 min the trans box gets HOT Like real hot.. the right side will not move very good. Man said there is no place to drain fluid or put in fluid.. said i would have to get another rt side transmission box? transaxle??
You do not have to do this - a warranty shop should replace this for you but it will be a shop authored by the tranny maker unless Troy will come forward ahead of repair. At 300 hours it is a faulty unit from the word go. There is one thing not mentioned. On some units, the bypass can be held open just a tiny bit and when hot, bypassing depletes power but because the bypass is nearly in the closed position, it's imp[act is not recognized as the cause. We found this on one zero turn that had a bunch of holes you insert a hairpin in - one is normal run position, others hold bypass out. The closed position hole was to tight and held the valve open a mere few thousands of an inch, removed the hairpin and the problem was gone.

Fatdaddy

Threads
I did sell it as is for $900.. Man said he knew a other man who can fix it.. so Im tickled to death it is gone.. I did lose $300 on the deal but I did LEARN A LESSON..

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you don't have the expertese to properly check a used mower for faults then you will be best served to buy one from a used machinery dealer that has a warranty.
PArticularly one that sells real tractors or directly from a mowing contractor / golf course / hospital / municipal authority .
Buying privately is always subject to the ethics & morals of the vendor and there are way too many totally dishonest sub human people out there .

And feel free to come here and ask what you should be looking at for weak spots or potential trouble points before you close another deal.
There is a lot of techs & private owners here and between all of them some one should be able to point you in the right direction.
If you choose to do this please let us know what you are mowing , some photos are always a good idea .

Fatdaddy

Threads
This problem would have NEVER BEEN FOUND prior to buying it..Unless I did ride it around for 30 min to get real HOT...But so be it, I have screwed a few in my old age...