Troy Bilt Bronco 2009 engine — Need help

semimechanicman

Threads
You are missing the point
Ilengine wants you to start applying the choke AFTER the engine starts to surge.
What he ( and the rest of us ) needs to know is weather the carburettor is supplying sufficient fuel to maintain high idle.
If you want help from us it will work so much better if you read the post carefully , do exactly what is asked then report exactly what the results were.

We are not there drinking your beer & looking, smelling & listening to your mower.
We are here on the end of a screen trying to do a diagnosis .
Otherwise what will happen is every one with a "pet" problem will chime in and you will be chasing your tail applying fixes for problems you do not have.
Sorry, don’t want to cause any fights but when I apply the choke when the engine is running, it runs at a low speed and sounds not very smooth.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
You may only need 1/4 to 1/2 choke to test what I was trying to have you look at. Something else to check after checking the gas cap as indicated above, then try holding the throttle shaft or governor arm to keep it from moving and see how it runs. Could be a governor issue causing the surging. but i am still leaning toward a fuel issue. Either something in the carb, Fuel flow into the carb restricted no allowing refill to keep up with use. Or a gasket leaking between the carb and the engine.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We are here to help you
But it is a two way street you need to help us to help you.
Most of the regular techs have pretty thick skins & take offence very slowly .
We do this every day so know what we are doing & why we are doing it .
If anything is confusing to you , please ask how &/or why we are always willing to elaborate.
This is not a secret society so educating posters to the level that they no longer need to post problems is well within the pervue of the forum.

triptester

Forum Newbie
Threads
Surging is often caused by a odle jet that is restricted or to small.