Trouble IDying my Lazer Z Kohler engine

rocheman1

Forum Newbie
Hopefully one of you gurus can help me ID m engine and then I’ll save the info in a safe place! I don’t know what year Lazer Z or what HP Kohler engine I have the ID tag has completely faded. I need to order the deck belt and two idler pulleys. In my pics a tool is laying one one pulley and the other is the main tensioner assembly that I need. I also need a hood source for these parts with good prices. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • B8FE5B17-0853-4B74-9447-A12A9D4DCC50.jpeg
    B8FE5B17-0853-4B74-9447-A12A9D4DCC50.jpeg
    613.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 4D746D9D-CF0D-44C9-AA9B-2B44B389AADB.jpeg
    4D746D9D-CF0D-44C9-AA9B-2B44B389AADB.jpeg
    594.3 KB · Views: 12
  • BB033E37-5150-4A99-A266-3B4B41FC2D90.jpeg
    BB033E37-5150-4A99-A266-3B4B41FC2D90.jpeg
    505.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 6388FB11-CE40-44E9-A365-3E9F3B5574F6.jpeg
    6388FB11-CE40-44E9-A365-3E9F3B5574F6.jpeg
    348.1 KB · Views: 11
  • B0C461DE-D8F5-4043-A04E-54EB9E835073.jpeg
    B0C461DE-D8F5-4043-A04E-54EB9E835073.jpeg
    400.7 KB · Views: 14
  • CA33499C-0A8F-4C47-9832-09D5F6894CCE.jpeg
    CA33499C-0A8F-4C47-9832-09D5F6894CCE.jpeg
    304.4 KB · Views: 18
Photograph the label from some different angles
A digital camera is better than a phone but a phone will do if it is sitting on something so there is no shake .
Drop those images into any photo editing softwear and play wth the levels &/or contrast.
Human eyes do not see white on white but the camera does .
I find inverting the image ( called make negative or make slide on some apps ) so the whites become black & the blacks become white also helps.
DO NOT USE A FLASH .
Asa tech that services mostly very old gear, having sun bleached tags is the norm for me
 
And sometimes with the mower model and serial that IPL might just list what engine was use originally.

Faded and missing decals are a norm here too. A real pain if the equipment hadn't been in my shop before this happens.
 
Photograph the label from some different angles
A digital camera is better than a phone but a phone will do if it is sitting on something so there is no shake .
Drop those images into any photo editing softwear and play wth the levels &/or contrast.
Human eyes do not see white on white but the camera does .
I find inverting the image ( called make negative or make slide on some apps ) so the whites become black & the blacks become white also helps.
DO NOT USE A FLASH .
Asa tech that services mostly very old gear, having sun bleached tags is the norm for me
I have a pretty good camera and will try it with that and the other tricks you mentioned. Thanks for your help!
 
And sometimes with the mower model and serial that IPL might just list what engine was use originally.

Faded and missing decals are a norm here too. A real pain if the equipment hadn't been in my shop before this happens.
I’ll definitely look for that right away. Thanks a lot!
 
Hey I just want to thank you guys for your help. I was finally able to find the tag on the mower chassis with the model and serial number, and then used that on partstree.com to match the s/n series with my mower specs. My deck is all rebuilt now and working great!
 
Back
Top