Export thread

Trip to Scotland

T

tybilly

well I guess my wife wants to take a trip to Scotland in june,going to Edinburgh,aberdeen,lochness,isle of mull,glasglow acouple of castles,oban.i guess I better study on my mph to kilometers,cuz ill be driving on the wrong side of the car and wrong side of the road,atleast ill understand what a pint is.lol

EngineMan

EngineMan

well I guess my wife wants to take a trip to Scotland in june,going to Edinburgh,aberdeen,lochness,isle of mull,glasglow acouple of castles,oban.i guess I better study on my mph to kilometers,cuz ill be driving on the wrong side of the car and wrong side of the road,atleast ill understand what a pint is.lol

The signs are still in MPH and its you who have been driving on the wrong side of the car and the road, but a you are welcome, just be careful of the midges...!:laughing:

reynoldston

reynoldston

The signs are still in MPH and its you who have been driving on the wrong side of the car and the road, but a you are welcome, just be careful of the midges...!:laughing:

Now I hate to disagree on this but we driver on the RIGHT side of the road you drive on the wrong side. Left side :biggrin:

exotion

exotion

Americas the only country left hand drive :) but of course we are the correct ones everyone else in the world is doing it wrong :)

reynoldston

reynoldston

Americas the only country left hand drive :) but of course we are the correct ones everyone else in the world is doing it wrong :)

right side of the road making it right and also go's for English language :tongue:

exotion

exotion

I personally think everyone is wrong. I think the driver should not be on the side of oncoming traffic :)

reynoldston

reynoldston

I personally think everyone is wrong. I think the driver should not be on the side of oncoming traffic :)

That will give you a little excitement in your life when you pass on a two lane road. Now my motorcycle I can take my pick as to where I want to be in my lane of the road. I prefer the center because it gives me room to maneuver better.

pugaltitude

pugaltitude

Yeah but we drive on the right side of the car.

reynoldston

reynoldston

Yeah but we drive on the right side of the car.

You got me on that one :frown: I would be afraid if I ever drove on your roads it would be a accident waiting to happen.

T

tybilly

lol,my friend from the uk,says the whole country of Scotland could fit in south Carolina but a very beautiful place,im sure ill have a gps and my (nag)agator or should I say my wife along side with me.

EngineMan

EngineMan

lol,my friend from the uk,says the whole country of Scotland could fit in south Carolina but a very beautiful place,im sure ill have a gps and my (nag)agator or should I say my wife along side with me.

Scotland is a very beautiful place and like me many years ago working and on holiday, you will be welcome there, enjoy your holiday..!:thumbsup:

reynoldston

reynoldston

Sure sounds like a nice place. If it was me I would take a tour. No driving and I could enjoy some adult beverage.

pugaltitude

pugaltitude

Not big in size but yes very beautiful.

We dont have the best road network system and the nearest motorway can be an hour away.

lots to see though. Just remember your waterproofs.
Also bring Avon skin so soft to sort the midges out. Good repellent.
Horrible wee buggers!!!!

wjjones

wjjones

Have a good trip, and get us some pictures when you go.:thumbsup:

reynoldston

reynoldston

Now with the wrong side of the car and road don't try out too many of them pints :confused2:

S

Stevie-Ray

I am extremely envious-there's a place I'd dearly love to visit. I'd especially love to see the Highlands.

jmurray01

jmurray01

I have to say (although I'm a bit biased) that Scotland is a beautiful place.

Remember and take some pictures for us!

Mike88se

Mike88se

Have a good time. Maybe you'll get a shot of nessie ;)

CoolmanSantizz

CoolmanSantizz

It should be really fun, though problematic considering that this is your unexplored route

DonaldHuisam

DonaldHuisam

I don't have a car license yet, so I travel with my wife by train, we buy tickets and travel comfortably by train. We usually do this when we have a vacation or on weekends. My wife is picking up her things for a very long time and we are often late, so in order to catch the train, I look at the schedule on dbfahrplanauskunft and always know by what time we will arrive at the platform. Last year we went to Switzerland by train. The trains there are just great, I think their trains are the best trains in the whole world. The furniture in these trains is very comfortable and the service in the train is at the highest level. I would like to have lifetime tickets for such trains, huh. I wish you a good rest.