Export thread

Trans Axle

R

Regwal

ISO pt# 336-0510. I would like to locate and purchase if you have a used one at reasonable cost.

Cool-Ace

Cool-Ace

You might be best to try local mower repair shops or search on Ebay or other online part replacement shops like https://www.ereplacementparts.com/

R

Regwal

I have not been successful so far. Online parts places just sells parts. I also can't find a local shop that rebuilds them.

B

bertsmobile1

Start by asking Hydro Gear for their closest agent.
My go to for transmissions is Mulligans who usually have what I want in stock and are cheaper than buying from the Australian distributor .,

R

Regwal

Start by asking Hydro Gear for their closest agent.
My go to for transmissions is Mulligans who usually have what I want in stock and are cheaper than buying from the Australian distributor .,

R

Regwal

Ty Bertsmibile1. I can't find this unit available anywhere but do find a few parts. That is why I'm looking for a used one. This has been a good mower but perhaps time for a new (to me) one. Started out making a clicking sound that progressed. About 10 minutes it was louder and started to chatter. Depressing pedal lessened the noise and chatter considerably but did not eliminate it. I thought drive belt was going bad but that checked out okay. I guess there is a reason most shops won't repair these things, cost and failure probably. At my age (83) I'm reluctant to by new but may be my only option. I mow about two acres.

B

bertsmobile1

Well you have nothing to use by pulling it out and stripping the box , if you are physically up to it as they are not exactly light.
Pounds to peanuts it will be a gear with a broken tooth or a bush gone in the diff or a spline stripped out on an axle .
The pump / motor units groan & moan the diff grumbles .

Cool-Ace

Cool-Ace

I have not been successful so far. Online parts places just sells parts. I also can't find a local shop that rebuilds them.
I found this on Ebay and is most likely as cheap as you will find. Keep in mind too you have an older mower and it might be time for a newer model. For what it will cost to repair you can find newer used if you had Facebook check out the market place for one I come across many for 400$ to 500$. I got my eye on one now very nice mower looks new but they say the valve guide keeps moving and has to be set. I looked at YouTube videos and seams simple enough to fix so for 200 I going to get it. but I got to rebuild the trans in my old Dakota 1st. OK Here is the link on Ebay for your trans. https://www.ebay.com/itm/164187548707