Toro Z5035 wont start

Les' ZTR

Threads
if this is water cooled engine there is probably antifreeze getting on top of piston and locking it up until antifreeze leaks by the rings you could have cracked head or block or leaking headgasket also check for warpage of head or block when engine sets long enough coolant will slowly leak by the rings you need to drain the oil when it is hot and you can determine if there is coolant in the oil
No it’s an air cooled engine. I can fully charge the battery then I have to hook jumper cable from my truck & it’ll start. I’ve checked the voltage after I charge it & it’s over 12 volts but it’s not enough to get it to start. I’ve replaced the battery & battery cables too

Lawn Addict
Threads
I can fully charge the battery then I have to hook jumper cable from my truck & it’ll start. I’ve checked the voltage after I charge it & it’s over 12 volts but it’s not enough to get it to start. I’ve replaced the battery & battery cables too
And volts should be at least 12.5 V......

Get the battery "Load Tested" sounds like you have volts, but not Amps. If you don't have tester, Auto Parts can test it for FREE.

Les' ZTR

Threads
And volts should be at least 12.5 V......

Get the battery "Load Tested" sounds like you have volts, but not Amps. If you don't have tester, Auto Parts can test it for FREE.
Thank you. I didn’t know they’d test it for free

Threads
Once you get the battery load tested, if it fails, put in a new one. When you get the battery back in the machine, start it up and put a volt meter across the battery. With it running, you should have 13+ volts coming off the stator to charge the battery. If you only have battery voltage, your charging (stator or voltage regulator) are not working and will need to be checked.

Les' ZTR

Threads
Thank you so much. I was wondering what type of charging system the mower has