Toro walking mower keeps dieing out

Miller1236

Threads
I have Personal pace Toro lawn mower 6.5 Hp electric starter , the mower starts up then it just dies I had the carb cleaned out in 2009 because of bad gas, worked great for a year , now it keep on dieing out. Do I have to have the carburetor clean out every season, I have installed new spark plug and filter. What else should I do.

grass cutter

Threads
It wouldn't hurt to check the carb. There's good gas in the tank right?

Miller1236

Threads
Yes, I drained the gas out last year before putting it away for winter, what are the step on cleaning the carb on this mower.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes, I drained the gas out last year before putting it away for winter, what are the step on cleaning the carb on this mower.

It's not a big problem cleaning up the carb... I think you have a Briggs engine... Go to this link... Small Engine Equipment Troubleshooting, Repairs and Safety ... scroll down in the Briggs & Stratton group till you see your carb.. follow the disassembly instructions..
If there was any fuel left standing in the carb from last season, it will most likely need cleaning before it will run... :smile:KennyV

Miller1236

Threads
It's not a big problem cleaning up the carb... I think you have a Briggs engine... Go to this link... Small Engine Equipment Troubleshooting, Repairs and Safety ... scroll down in the Briggs & Stratton group till you see your carb.. follow the disassembly instructions..
If there was any fuel left standing in the carb from last season, it will most likely need cleaning before it will run... :smile:KennyV

Thank you for the information, nice link.

Miller1236