Toro Timemaster Won't Shut Off

insurroundsound

Forum Newbie
Threads
Same problem here. You guys ever figure out what the problem is?
Yea, I figured my issue out. Wasn't my ignition switch, grounding at the armature coil or grounding with the blade drive cable.

Turns out Father Time loosened my starter from the engine. One mounting bolt was sloppy loose; the other was just one mow session away from being lost forever. I tightened both bolts up and the machine now turns off via the ignition switch, as expected. So definitely a grounding issue -- just not where I thought to look. I had never thought to examine the starter area in greater detail, cuz it looked fine (from a distance 😂). But the moment I touched it and shook it, I knew something was up. I guess I'll add on these vibration checks as part of my annual maintenance on the TimeMaster.

schneid32

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yea, I figured my issue out. Wasn't my ignition switch, grounding at the armature coil or grounding with the blade drive cable.

Turns out Father Time loosened my starter from the engine. One mounting bolt was sloppy loose; the other was just one mow session away from being lost forever. I tightened both bolts up and the machine now turns off via the ignition switch, as expected. So definitely a grounding issue -- just not where I thought to look. I had never thought to examine the starter area in greater detail, cuz it looked fine (from a distance 😂). But the moment I touched it and shook it, I knew something was up. I guess I'll add on these vibration checks as part of my annual maintenance on the TimeMaster.
Good tip! The one bolt on the starter was loose so I tightened that up. Seems to be shutting off as expected now.