Toro Timemaster gasket leak

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I plan to do the recommended 5 hour oil change this weekend.
THIS I do agree with. On a new mower engine, I would mow 5 times. Change the oil hot after every mow. Get all that break in metal out. Oil is cheap. Get a gallon of Supertech SAE 30w for $12.86 at wallys mart.

1658590565951.png

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
also wondering if this is a common problem with these $1500 lawnmowers.
Common to over fill the oil, yes. It's critical you do not over fill the oil.

If you can't smell the oil dipstick checking for fuel, get someone else to sniff it. Let's confirm there is no gas in the oil.

You have a great machine sir. I want to get you mowing grass. Let's keep top notch care with it.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Having worked on these Toro mowers since they came out, oil level slightly above the full mark on the dipstick is not something I would worry about, unless it smells like fuel.
Well why then put a full mark on the stick? You sure don't do this behavior on a full pressure lubed engine. Sorry, I'm anal about some oil.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it’s no smoking during operation, I would replace that gasket between the carb and filter cover and the if no more drips I would not worry about it. The OP has not said the the oil level increases, just that it is above the high mark. If it continues to drip or starts smoking, then it would be time to hit the repair shop. To be honest, but I’m not there and from the OP’s description, I don’t see anything which would be covered by warranty. The OP can do as he pleases and what works best for him. He asked for help and I’m not going to get in an argument over a line on a dipstick.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Reported multiple threads.