Toro Timemaster gasket leak

JPK Omaha

Threads
One month old, Model 21199 30" Toro Timemaster with 223cc Briggs & Stratton. Leaking what appears to be oil, but could be gas, as indicated on attached photo. Anyone else have this problem with this gasket? I know I should have it repaired under warranty but I bought it at Home Depot so I would just as soon fix it myself if possible. Thanks for any advice you may have.

Attachments

• toro leak.jpg
    toro leak.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 24

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
To me it just looks like something was drip on it. Because we don’t know what it is, kind of hard to tell you how to proceed. My suggestion is to whip everything completely clean, as well as the area directly about where the spill starts and see if the liquid reappears. If it doesn’t, problem solved. If it does, take a picture from the side so we can see what is directly above it.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looks like carb needle and seat time.

Pull the oil dipstick and smell for fuel.

JPK Omaha

Threads
To me it just looks like something was drip on it. Because we don’t know what it is, kind of hard to tell you how to proceed. My suggestion is to whip everything completely clean, as well as the area directly about where the spill starts and see if the liquid reappears. If it doesn’t, problem solved. If it does, take a picture from the side so we can see what is directly above it.
I had it wiped off (it was a larger oily area) and today it leaked again from directly above, click the picture and you can see where I put the red arrow. There seems to be a gasket there that is slightly wet.

JPK Omaha

Threads
Looks like carb needle and seat time.

Pull the oil dipstick and smell for fuel.
Are you serious? Could that even be possible on a brand new motor? I'll take the damn thing back if there is gas in the oil. Hard to smell it though everything smells like grass and oil.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are you serious? Could that even be possible on a brand new motor? I'll take the damn thing back if there is gas in the oil. Hard to smell it though everything smells like grass and oil.
Yes.

New doesn't mean it works. As in your mower now.

If you smell gas on your oil dipstick, take it back. Unleaded is easy for me to smell. Stuff wreaks like, gas.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
good advice here

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just caught this from OP. Said it's leaking where his red arrow is. Looks like the carb again to me.

Might turn your phone to take pictures. Sliver cam is so 1989.
1658528027304.png

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I did click on the picture, which tells me nothing. I asked for a picture of the side, 90 degrees to the right, to get a perspective. The pic you posted doesn’t tell me what’s above the drip.

JPK Omaha

Threads
I did click on the picture, which tells me nothing. I asked for a picture of the side, 90 degrees to the right, to get a perspective. The pic you posted doesn’t tell me what’s above the drip.
Here's 2 more photos, one from the right, and another closeup with a red arrow showing where I think it is leaking.

Attachments

• toro leak 2.jpg
    toro leak 2.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 18
  • toro leak 3.jpg
    toro leak 3.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 17