Toro Timecutter Tire Inflation

Lawn Addict
Threads
My 2014 Toro manual says nothing other than to read the sidewall in the front or anywhere else in the manual.
I have read it front to back.

My fronts read 22psi MAX. So I'm close to that @ 24psi.

Born2Mow

Threads
I want to be like you guys when I grow up.
I inflated my fronts to 20psi. I think I like it better than 13psi.

No animals were hurt during this inflation test.

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
? (y)

Last edited:

efred

Threads
Considering all of the zero-turn mowers I've seen mowing lawns with a perpetually flat front tire, I would consider an airless tire: they never go flat, the ride is very comparable to pneumatic tires, and they generally last a very long time. There is a company called Amerityre, that makes a closed-cell polyurethane tire that won't ever go flat, wears quite well, and rides nice. I believe its biggest drawback is that they're pricey, but considering the downtime constantly diddling with flat front tires, it should pay for itself in a few years. Plus, it's American made, which you can't say about nearly all of the current pneumatic tires on the market.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looked at those tires, I haven't had a flat yet (Hope I didn't just jinx myself. )
But the cost stops me, I'm just doing my place.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Went down a different path
Now I fit normal treaded front wheel tyres to ZTR's
Since doing that to near 30 mowers their number of flats has dropped drastically.
None of the customers have noticed any difference to the handling of their mowers apart from the fact they are getting fewer flats.
Where one is available in the right size then I go with a ribbed tyre, but those smooth tyres seem to pick up every burr & thorn for 100 miles