Toro Timecutter, dead cylinder

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would stick to a leaf blower or shop air if I were you. Water as you are experiencing now causes too many issues.

Check fuel pump pulse line for anything but air. Also the vent should be clear.

Remove carb bowl, crank engine and drain into a glass jar. Check for any remaining water. Will also verify fuel pump is working.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Also pull the oil dipstick and smell for fuel.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Agree I didn’t think it was fair to expect warranty to cover it. At least if it was a result of the water.
I didn't either, was just curious about the history, since the warranty is NOT transferable to a 2nd owner,..

nanoGiant

Threads
Does anyone know what the compression should be on the Loncin 24.5 HP engine should be. Didn't see that spec, in the service manual. I'm getting roughly 100 in each cylinder. Also as an update, both cylinders are firing, but it won't get full rpm, and blowing black smoke. Running rough. I'm leaning toward the possibility of hydro-lock as someone earlier mentioned.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
check the choke to see if it is opening when the engine is warm. Make sure the air filter is clean.

nanoGiant

Threads
check the choke to see if it is opening when the engine is warm. Make sure the air filter is clean.
Yea, the choke is manual, and I did check that, because that is exactly what it's acting like. One thing I did notice, when it's running if I pull off the fuel line from the pump to the carb, I would expect to see gas pumping out, but none is coming out, obviously it's getting fuel. Why would it not pump gas out when that fuel line if pulled from the carb?