Toro ss4260 oil change - drain setup !

Lawn Addict
Threads
Close on the threading but it is M20-1.50 instead of M21-1.50
Thanks for the good catch, I had a Muncie car tranny in my head from earlier.. I stand corrected, & edited my post.

And I found it to be M20 - 2.50

Last edited:

need-for-speed

Threads
The Dealer would probably tell you, have to remove the engine bolts & raise the engine to remove the POS poly-plastic drain. but likely they would just saw off the barb, then charge for that the whole deal....

Doing same thing on my Liberty w/Kawasaki engine..
Agree. As I recall, the Kawasaki engine was the only one for that model. Which is the engine I wanted anyway. Yeah I plan to cut off that stupid effing Barbed T and then unscrew what’s left of the POS fitting.

p.s. I suspect you are correct on the potential dealer methods lol.

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
As I recall, the Kawasaki engine was the only one for that model. Which is the engine I wanted anyway. Yeah I plan to cut off that stupid effing Barbed T and then unscrew what’s left of the POS fitting.
Yep, cut that barb off, & that was the only engine I wanted as well. I have same engine in my Liberty also. They should have came stock with the flex hose.

For POS removal, (Drain all oil 1st of course) You will likely have to loosen the IIRC 1" lock nut against the engine so you can rotate the POS plastic drain to un-thread it, but would suggest cutting barb off 1st..

Use a bit of grease on the O-ring on the Flex hose, B-4 install. So it doesn't chaff it.. then after, Enjoy !

need-for-speed

Threads
Yep, cut that barb off, & that was the only engine I wanted as well. I have same engine in my Liberty also. They should have came stock with the flex hose.

For POS removal, (Drain all oil 1st of course) You will likely have to loosen the IIRC 1" lock nut against the engine so you can rotate the POS plastic drain to un-thread it, but would suggest cutting barb off 1st..

Use a bit of grease on the O-ring on the Flex hose, B-4 install. So it doesn't chaff it.. then after, Enjoy !
Thanks!

p.s.……..that POS tee is already loose. I guess I’m lucky LOL.

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks!

p.s.……..that POS tee is already loose. I guess I’m lucky LOL.

Ur welcome. I guess so, mine was tight, take care of that 4260. Mine was never a problem. Good machine.

vans

Forum Newbie
Threads

Pela PL-2000 2.5 Liters Oil Extractor​

I use this on all my small engines

Attachments

• Pelapump.jpg
    Pelapump.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

louwdj

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have stopped draining oil, I suck it out with Pella 6000 suction/vacuum pump. I have proved on several cars, after sucking the oil out, hardly a drop remains. First did it on Mercedes G-wagon where the drain plug was easy to reach. After suction, two drops came out the drain. I can now do oil changes with clean clothes!

MarineBob

Threads
There ought to be a special hell for certain people. (1) Those who design oil change set ups with ridiculous arrangements. One example, My old Tacoma had an upside down filter....duh...but they did have a little moat sort of arrangement with a nipple on which you could put a drain hose that only a 5 year old could snake through the suspension. (2) People who make the bubble packaging. They need to go through eternity with cuts and scratches all over their hands. (3) And these days, cars that talk to you.

vans

Forum Newbie
Threads
There ought to be a special hell for certain people. (1) Those who design oil change set ups with ridiculous arrangements. One example, My old Tacoma had an upside down filter....duh...but they did have a little moat sort of arrangement with a nipple on which you could put a drain hose that only a 5 year old could snake through the suspension. (2) People who make the bubble packaging. They need to go through eternity with cuts and scratches all over their hands. (3) And these days, cars that talk to you.
My Subaru has upside down filter to, I punch a hole in top of filter with screwdriver to drain before removing