Toro recall

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why? Would I not be able to cut 40% faster with the timemaster? I used timemaster last year exclusively and found it was great cut was not amazing but found it productive.
The reason I ask is I sold my time master have a 36" zero turn snapper on order and trying to decide if I want to buy another timemaster with turf master blades or a 21" commercial which I have never used before to go along with my 36"

I don't think you'll find any difference between the two mowers, Timemaster or Turfmaster as far as blades are concerned. Any time savings achieved will be through travel speed capabilities of TimeMaster at 4.5 mph compared to a 21 Toro mower. They can or will also be determined by your mowing conditions such as the Height and thickness of what's being mowed.

jay stortini

Threads
I have been told by a few different guys in different forums that the turf master blades have a bit more of a pitch to them which provides more lift and leave a noticeable difference when it comes to cut quality ( a way nicer cut) where as the time master blades will often just Lay the grass down which I find to be true.
Any way aside from that which mower would you chose rick if you could only have on of the two mowers 30" or 21"?
Thanks

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have been told by a few different guys in different forums that the turf master blades have a bit more of a pitch to them which provides more lift and leave a noticeable difference when it comes to cut quality ( a way nicer cut) where as the time master blades will often just Lay the grass down which I find to be true.
Any way aside from that which mower would you chose rick if you could only have on of the two mowers 30" or 21"?
Thanks

Well considering I have the Turf-Master :smile: To choose one I think would depend on what your going to be doing with the mower or the area you want to cover. There basically the same mower just different sizes, and you can get the same Kawasaki FJ180V KAI engine on both. They both will do an excellent job. As far as blades go it really doesn't matter because I'd go with the G3 or G6 blades anyway. The blades that came on the Turf-master are good blades and I was under the impression there were the same on the Time-Master.

I never heard a lot good about the Time-Master, every thing that I've ever seen or read on the forums had everything from the drives not being what they should to the engine being under powered or it wouldn't throw grass and the deck plugged and so on but and in all fairness I heard a lot of the same things about the Turf-master mower and I can tell you and none were or came close to being true. I can also tell I really like my Turf-master and I don't regret buying it one bit.

jay stortini

Threads
Oh wow I did not know gators were offered on those machines yet. Which do you use on your turf master?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Oh wow I did not know gators were offered on those machines yet. Which do you use on your turf master?

Oops I may have screwed up saying that, they may not offer the true gator blades for those yet. I just got off the phone with the guy at the shop and what I get is Part # 396-726 which is Toros version of the gator blade. He did say that the Gator blades are going to be offered for the Turf- Master he just wasn't sure when. Sorry my screw up :ashamed:

jay stortini

Threads
No that's fantastic! Your happy with those blades with that part #?