Toro Personal Pace electric start mower won't start

trooper1954

Threads
Hello,
I have a Toro 22" personal pace electric start mower that's about 4 years old. This year it's been a bear to start every time I use it, and the electric start turns the motor over but won't start it. battery is good, gas is fresh, air filter is clean and I've put in a new plug....still has trouble starting. If I make one or two attempts to start it and then pull the plug it's soaking wet. Sometimes after drying it out and putting it back in the mower fires up right away!! Anyone got any suggestions?? Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
One, have you checked for spark? Two, can you start it using the pull cord? When you reply back, please include the mowers model and serial numbers, so we know whether we a talking about a Briggs or Tecumseh engine.

trooper1954

Threads
One, have you checked for spark? Two, can you start it using the pull cord? When you reply back, please include the mowers model and serial numbers, so we know whether we a talking about a Briggs or Tecumseh engine.

Thanks Rivets,

yes to spark...it's a Briggs 6.75hp motor on a 22" rear drive personal Pace mower with electric start. yes it will start with the pull cord....sometimes!!!!

trooper1954

Threads
  • / Toro Personal Pace electric start mower won't start
Thanks Rivets,

yes to spark...it's a Briggs 6.75hp motor on a 22" rear drive personal Pace mower with electric start. yes it will start with the pull cord....sometimes!!!!

Is this not enough information to get some help? I just noticed no further responses....??

Thanks

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
spark plug is cheap put a new one in. It sounds like it is flooding to me. Dirty air filter or choke not coming off all the way , dirt in carburetor

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If a new plug doesnot work, I would start by removing the carb and giving it a good cleaning. When you put it back together, I would install a new float needle and seat. Part number 398188. If you decide to got this direction and need help installing the new parts, post back and I'll post a step by step procedure.