Toro Parts Parts Cost

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some folks just want to walk into the dealer and get what they want when they want and have someone lookup what they need and they are willing to pay for it. Others are willing to do their own research and leg work to get a better price for certain products. Not to offend anyone but rent a building, hire employees, buy stock, get insurance, etc, etc. Then tell me what you need to charge to for an oil filter to make a profit. That is pay for the filter, cover overhead and expenses what is left is profit. There are supply channels for different shoppers, pick the one you want.

GBHRPS

Threads
bertsmobile!,

Its a financial burden when every 50 hours I get charged twice what the filter is really worth, because I will do 2 oil changes this season alone, and every season thereafter. I don't have to pay any more than about $14 for the oil filters on each of my 4 cars, each one having an engine far more elaborate and expensive than the Toro. And the car manufacturers state right in their owner's manuals to change your oil every 5000 miles or 3 months ..,. "whichever comes first".Oil breaks down over time and heat and blow by contaminates start to eat engine bearings.

So I will do 6 oil changes in your stated 3 years, and the tractor will have a fresh oil change and filter in it when stored for the winter. You really do one oil and filter change every 2 to 3 years? No wonder you don't see a $28 oil filter charge too expensive. If that was all that was necessary to take care of the engine properly ... I wouldn't be complaining about the overcharge either because it would only happen once every 3 years, instead of twice a year in my case.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Once a year in my case, no matter how little the hours I used it.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
There is nothing magical about oil filters. As long as you avoid the ebay no name filter crapshoot or anything with the word Fram on it. There are only a couple different thread sizes and pitch, a few different gasket diameters and a few different can sizes. With or without anti-drainback valve. Look hard enough you can find lots of cross reference filters for about any filter for a gas mower engine. Find a cross for a filer and check Rock Auto. I get filters there for my vehicles for less than half the auto parts store.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
bertsmobile!,

Its a financial burden when every 50 hours I get charged twice what the filter is really worth, because I will do 2 oil changes this season alone, and every season thereafter. I don't have to pay any more than about $14 for the oil filters on each of my 4 cars, each one having an engine far more elaborate and expensive than the Toro. And the car manufacturers state right in their owner's manuals to change your oil every 5000 miles or 3 months ..,. "whichever comes first".Oil breaks down over time and heat and blow by contaminates start to eat engine bearings.

So I will do 6 oil changes in your stated 3 years, and the tractor will have a fresh oil change and filter in it when stored for the winter. You really do one oil and filter change every 2 to 3 years? No wonder you don't see a $28 oil filter charge too expensive. If that was all that was necessary to take care of the engine properly ... I wouldn't be complaining about the overcharge either because it would only happen once every 3 years, instead of twice a year in my case.
Usually the oil filter change time is 200 hours , not with every oil change.
While it is annoying that Toro charge so much it is also annoying then the service counter has no one there but a pimple faced youth who stares at you blankly while twiddleing on the key board because h has no idea unless there is a model number to look things up with.\
OR the Toro dealer closed down so you have to order all your Toro exclusive parts from some one on line & hope.