Toro mx4250 problem starting when hot

Cbrjoey

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm wondering if I can get some help I have a Toro mx4250 with approximately 550 hours on it. The problem I have at the moment when I go to start the mower it acts like it has a flat battery. I've gotten used to holding the key turned and usually within 3 seconds it will start. This mainly Happens Only when it's warm. I've changed batteries tightened all the leads also change the solenoid for the starter motor and the PTO switch for the blades. I don't know what to try next. Thanks in advance.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Iin the back of your operators manual will be the circuit diagram for your mower.
Pull the plug out from the key switch and jump the B & I terminals together using a bare wire
Run another jumper from this bare wire to the S terminal
Every time you touch it the starter should crank.
If this happens then the key switch is suspect
If not then one of the safeties or the brake module is at fault.
I generally jump each switch one at a time to find the culprit .

Cbrjoey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Iin the back of your operators manual will be the circuit diagram for your mower.
Pull the plug out from the key switch and jump the B & I terminals together using a bare wire
Run another jumper from this bare wire to the S terminal
Every time you touch it the starter should crank.
If this happens then the key switch is suspect
If not then one of the safeties or the brake module is at fault.
I generally jump each switch one at a time to find the culprit .
Thank you for that. It's definitely on the to do list. Thank you for your help.

100 td

Threads
I had a similar problem with my MX5060, the brake module was the culprit (for me at least), I carefully pulled it apart, cleaned it up, IIRC I used graphite powder for lube but can't be sure as it was some time ago, and it's been running since. I just don't recall the lube because I thought if I use grease it would gum up with dirt.

Cbrjoey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Guys.
Just an update to let you guys know I've repaired the mower and in the end what helped was valve clearances and the new battery and 2 spark plugs.
Thank you for trying to help