toro 455D deck leveling

snuffy2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good morning all, I am new to this forum so please be patient with me if I do or say something stupid. The first thing I need help with is , leveling the cut on the mower. The unit is a 1994 Groundsmaster 455 D. The mower was just bought by me and has 3500 hours on it. Everything seems to be in fair shape. I have replaced the wheel bearings on all the ground wheels. The deck is 128" cut front mounted "Bat-Wing" When I cut the right bat-wing seems to cut much lower than the center or left bat-wing. I am about done for the season so I will have time to repair the deck. Thank you...Jim

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
We like seeing pics.

I have a 92 groundsmaster
Only have the 72 inch deck.

snuffy2

Forum Newbie
Threads
https://isurplus.com.au/manuals/Toro 455-D User Manual.pdf Inspect bearings, bushings, & hardware for wear & replacement.
Thank you for the response. I have done the items listed in the owners manual but that did nothing to address the uneven cut. The manual says "The height level is set at the factory and should not need further attention". I just thought that over the 3500 hours of operation something may have been bent or come out of adjustment that I am overlooking. I have a woods 5210 Mow-n-machine that had a bent spindle mount causing one blade to cut 2 inches lower than the other two blades. I was able to fix it and it has since been a good machine. I have approximately 5 acres to mow and it is not a golf course (lots of uneven surfaces) and that is why I am trying to get this Toro running well. Thanks....Jim