Toro 34" Bagger Availability (What's Going on at Toro?)

bkeller500

Threads
  • / Toro 34" Bagger Availability (What's Going on at Toro?)
It's not just Toro. Every manufacturer is struggling getting their equipment built, parts made and getting supplies. We import some product in China. It comes in a container. In the past we paid about $500 dock fee. Earlier this year the dock fee went to $2500. Last month the dock fee rose to $25,000....yes $25,000. A hell of a price for a container with only $40,000 worth of goods in it. And yes that will have to get passed on..

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We just got 21 new Bad Boys in 2 weeks ago, which is a full tractor trailer load. There are 77 more on the way. New Ferris mowers started arriving last week. Cub Cadets are on order but have yet to see any of those.
How many of those Bad Boy mowers came with the Chinese made Yamaha engines?
How many came with Kawasaki?
How many came with Kohler?
Give us a break down.
Are you having problems getting models with a specific engine?

Mower King

Threads
How many of those Bad Boy mowers came with the Chinese made Yamaha engines?
How many came with Kawasaki?
How many came with Kohler?
Give us a break down.
Are you having problems getting models with a
No Yamaha and No Briggs & Strattons......all for various reasons!
They are Kawasaki, Kohler and Hondas!
We are yet to get the Hondas....as they are on the larger models and they should be on the 2nd or 3rd delivery!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It's not just Toro. Every manufacturer is struggling getting their equipment built, parts made and getting supplies. We import some product in China. It comes in a container. In the past we paid about $500 dock fee. Earlier this year the dock fee went to $2500. Last month the dock fee rose to $25,000....yes $25,000. A hell of a price for a container with only $40,000 worth of goods in it. And yes that will have to get passed on..
So piracy is alive & well in the USA
Did you get any reason for those increases ?
I would be having words to my politicans if they did it to me .
Port Botany put the lift rate up from $1200 to $ 1500 a while back .
This of course caused a knee jerk massive traffic jam with the extra trucks queing up to ensure they were there for the first lift
So the price rise backfired and it ended up going back to $ 1000.
Last thing I heard they are trying to get a new pricing structure through which will be 2 lifts for the first $ 2000 then $ 1500 per lift there after + $ 5000 per day after the first 12 hours for storeage.
The problem is sleaze bag importers deliberately miss their lift then let the box sit for 5 days till it goes into off site bond storeage.
They then go broke , the owner claims insurance and then buys back the contents at the bond forfeit auctions for 1/4 of the value of the goods .
When this happens the dock does not get their steverdorage fees but the truck drivers do get paid .

Lawn Addict
Threads
Could it be that Toro has been relying too much on imports from China? Toro has been putting their branded Chinese engines on many zero turn models. The few Toro zero turns I’m seeing this year are sporting Kohler engines. This could be anecdotal.
Good point. When I talked to my old Toro Dealer, they did say the 2 new Z's & that they had did have Toro branded engines.
I made the mistake years ago @ Toro Dealer of saying the Toro brand engines are from China aren't they ? Knowing full they were. He got very irate & said they are Toro engines, made by Toro.

Should have been a politician.

shurguywutt

Threads
So piracy is alive & well in the USA
Did you get any reason for those increases ?
I would be having words to my politicans if they did it to me .
LOL! Our politicians don't listen to us here. We are the peons who work for them!