Toro 34" Bagger Availability (What's Going on at Toro?)

hemstein

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Toro 34" Bagger Availability (What's Going on at Toro?)
Hello,

I purchased a new Toro Time Cutter 34" fab deck (75734) from a local Toro dealer the first week in June (waited 2-1/2 months for it to come in). One of my main reasons for the purchase was leaf pick up with the Twin Bagger accessory (79417) in the fall. Unfortunately, I paid for the bagger when I bought the mower. The bagger has not come in.

I have made multiple calls to Toro as well as other dealers (online and local). No one seems to know anything about the bagger for this mower. No one has ever seen one. All Toro can say is that they are "unavailable". I told Toro and the dealer if I would have known this would be a problem, I would have bought a different mower with a bagger in stock. Toro told me there might be some baggers in warehouses somewhere, but they can't ship them to dealers until the stock is at a certain level in the warehouses. The dealer said maybe they haven't even made the bagger for this mower. I also would like to purchase a recycler kit for this mower but apparently that doesn't exist either. In the mean time, the dealer has the $700 I paid for the bagger.

Does anyone what is going on at Toro? Why they advertise an accessory that might not even exist. I don't like the idea of using my 21" recycler push mower again this year to bag leaves (I'm too old for that - that's why I bought the rider to begin with.)

Thanks.

Hemstein

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The same thing is going on in every industry in the country. parts and complete equipment are on backorder with everything blamed on Covid. I have waited months for parts to fix mowers that have been down since March. I waited 11 months for a missing $6 part for a new out of box never fueled pressure washer. Been waiting on a replacement carb for a leaf vacuum that has been on backorder since March and had an ETA of September 2. thousands of new vehicles sitting at various places around the country because they can't get the computer chips that makes them work. 6 month+ wait on new construction equipment. to be built and delivered. My nephew has been waiting on his new trailer since March 2 and had an initial ETA of July 2, and was built on August 20 but is still sitting at the factory as of September 9 waiting for shipment to the dealer.

Mower King

Threads
The same thing is going on in every industry in the country. parts and complete equipment are on backorder with everything blamed on Covid. I have waited months for parts to fix mowers that have been down since March. I waited 11 months for a missing $6 part for a new out of box never fueled pressure washer. Been waiting on a replacement carb for a leaf vacuum that has been on backorder since March and had an ETA of September 2. thousands of new vehicles sitting at various places around the country because they can't get the computer chips that makes them work. 6 month+ wait on new construction equipment. to be built and delivered. My nephew has been waiting on his new trailer since March 2 and had an initial ETA of July 2, and was built on August 20 but is still sitting at the factory as of September 9 waiting for shipment to the dealer.
Yes, it's the same story everywhere....we have been waiting several months on new mowers, engines, cylinder heads, belts..all have been paid for by the customer and or for warranty, and all are on backorder. It's the same in most all industries...I don't know what the answer is to remedy this problem either!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Lots of companies have used Covid as an excuse to run down inventories and push up prices so they are making a higher profit from a smaller turn over.
Look at the results when businesses start to report for the full financial year .
IT is all about securing the bonuses of the executives & Boards
Two of the banks down here have closed nearly all of their branches forcing the businesses that are open to stop accepting cash the idea being is we will all do e-banking with effectively costs the banks nothing to do but they can charge exhorbentant amounts for setting up a business to run cashless so you are hostage to that bank..
Lots of warehouses have become "logistic centers" so they hold only orders till they have near a minimum purchasing quanltity thus when they parts are ordered most of them will go out directly from the back of the container .

shurguywutt

Threads
Hello,

I purchased a new Toro Time Cutter 34" fab deck (75734) from a local Toro dealer the first week in June (waited 2-1/2 months for it to come in). One of my main reasons for the purchase was leaf pick up with the Twin Bagger accessory (79417) in the fall. Unfortunately, I paid for the bagger when I bought the mower. The bagger has not come in.

I have made multiple calls to Toro as well as other dealers (online and local). No one seems to know anything about the bagger for this mower. No one has ever seen one. All Toro can say is that they are "unavailable". I told Toro and the dealer if I would have known this would be a problem, I would have bought a different mower with a bagger in stock. Toro told me there might be some baggers in warehouses somewhere, but they can't ship them to dealers until the stock is at a certain level in the warehouses. The dealer said maybe they haven't even made the bagger for this mower. I also would like to purchase a recycler kit for this mower but apparently that doesn't exist either. In the mean time, the dealer has the $700 I paid for the bagger.

Does anyone what is going on at Toro? Why they advertise an accessory that might not even exist. I don't like the idea of using my 21" recycler push mower again this year to bag leaves (I'm too old for that - that's why I bought the rider to begin with.)

Thanks.

Hemstein
I have the same mower and I got the recycler kit from the dealer in about 2 weeks (~July '21). Not sure what's going on with your dealer, I know my part did not come from Toro but a distributor, WescoTurf I believe. As others have said, it could just be the "new norm" (n)(n)(n)

Last edited:

BudLight

Threads
I bought a new 42” Toro 75747 from Mowers Direct in June of this year and ordered the bagger at the same time. Long story short, they finally sent me the mower minus the bagger which they didn’t have and no idea when one would be in. They refunded the bagger costs. I then went on a internet search for the bagger. In the eastern US only two existed. Near Madison, Wisconsin and Statesville, VA. I drove to Virginia to get that one the next day. When I picked it up, the Toro dealer told me that was the last bagger he had of any size and didn’t know when anything else was coming in. I think there are huge supply chain issues which are only going to get far worse.

Lawn Addict
Threads
My Toro Dealer is struggling, Called & said to send him any mowers, he only has 2 New Toro's on the floor.

BudLight

Threads
My Toro Dealer is struggling, Called & said to send him any mowers, he only has 2 New Toro's on the floor.
I have two dealers not far from me. They’ve been trying to exist with maybe 3 or 4 commercial mowers in stock, nothing at a residential level. They can’t get any accessories. Basically trying to survive on maintenance and service work. I inquired to get my 42” unit at either one but both said they had no idea if that would ever happen. I had what Toro calls their white glove option, but the mower cost $500 more that way.. No way..

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Could it be that Toro has been relying too much on imports from China? Toro has been putting their branded Chinese engines on many zero turn models. The few Toro zero turns I’m seeing this year are sporting Kohler engines. This could be anecdotal.

Mower King

Threads
We just got 21 new Bad Boys in 2 weeks ago, which is a full tractor trailer load. There are 77 more on the way. New Ferris mowers started arriving last week. Cub Cadets are on order but have yet to see any of those.