Toro 20333 personal pace

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I’ve sprayed carb cleaner in the carburetor and it still won’t even attempt to start. I’m going to check the on off switch. This is making me crazy and my right arm is going to look like Popeyes arm haha
Yes confirm spark and fuel delivery.

If the choke is stuck on, it will be hard starting. It's giving the engine too much fuel.

Remove the air filter. LOOK at the choke plate. It's the closest brass round disk looking back at you. You will have to look around that white plastic finger piece to see the choke plate. Take a small screwdriver and OPEN the choke plate. Pull the rope. Or move the air vane arm so the choke will OPEN.

slomo

Rich M.

Threads
Did the OP ever answer if the flywheel key was checked?

The last time I had a starting issue I did not think it was the flywheel key. Guess what, it was a broken flywheel key.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Did the OP ever answer if the flywheel key was checked?

The last time I had a starting issue I did not think it was the flywheel key. Guess what, it was a broken flywheel key.
Haven't heard on that one. Good point though. Easy check to rule that one out.

slomo

Richard Milhous

Threads
Air, fuel, spark, compression... TIMING. If the flywheel key is bent/broken but the flywheel hasn't shifted much, you get an advanced spark that causes raging idle speed but knocking at higher speeds. Let the flywheel shift a little further and it's no-start territory.