Toro 2006 Z400 PTO Issues

Compy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey folks. I have a Toro 2006 Z400 with a Kohler Command 18 engine. I have had what seems to be nothing but problems with this mower. I only have 166 hours total on this mower.

I recently had to have the engine serviced due to a massive oil leak and suspected oil/fuel mixture causing the engine not to start. Now the engine starts just fine, however the other day when mowing the blades just stopped. The belts are good. I suspected the relay, however I can hear the PTO relay click when I turn on the power key and pull up on the PTO switch.

Does this look like a clutch issue? Every now and again it will start. The fuses on the side panel also look good.

Any help or tips are appreciated!

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
the oil from the oil leak may have contaminated the clutch and the belt causing slippage. the belt is better replaced if oil soaked. the clutch drive can be cleaned with brake cleaner. if the clutch clearance is adjustable may sure there is .012 clearance between the metal cup shaped disk and the flat brake disc part of the clutch.

Compy

Forum Newbie
Threads
the oil from the oil leak may have contaminated the clutch and the belt causing slippage. the belt is better replaced if oil soaked. the clutch drive can be cleaned with brake cleaner. if the clutch clearance is adjustable may sure there is .012 clearance between the metal cup shaped disk and the flat brake disc part of the clutch.

Thanks for the reply! I used to be able to hear the PTO clutch engage (which now I don't, it used to make a big click at the back underneath the engine when you pulled the PTO switch).

I'll check it out!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you are nolonger hearing that big clunk at the clutch...
I would check:
Are you getting full 12 volts at the clutch...
And is the clutch still grounded ... :smile:KennyV