Tool to remove oil filter easily on 2018 Simplicity Broadmoor?

pabird

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Tool to remove oil filter easily on 2018 Simplicity Broadmoor?
76mm socket style filter wrench. Mine is made by Carlyle. 3/8" drive ratchet and short extension.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
76mm socket style filter wrench. Mine is made by Carlyle. 3/8" drive ratchet and short extension.
That may not work on every filter. Some folks like to use aftermarket oil filters. A Motorcraft is different than the OEM. A FRAM has that sprayed on grip stuff and no socket will fit those. A WIX or NAPA may be different. Same with a STP or Purolator. That’s why the ones with the jaws work so well.

Mad_mat222

Threads
I don’t use anything but filter sockets these days. I’m sick of moving filter adapters that end up breaking or slipping. I did get long life out of a webbing style tool but no good in tight spaces.
I bought a set online. AliExpress, eBay and others will have cheap filter sockets. You can buy individual sockets or buy a whole set. I had to buy a specific size as the land cruiser filter size did not come in any kit and all my local stores didn’t carry it.
once you use a filter socket, you want go back.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don’t use anything but filter sockets these days. I’m sick of moving filter adapters that end up breaking or slipping. I did get long life out of a webbing style tool but no good in tight spaces.
I bought a set online. AliExpress, eBay and others will have cheap filter sockets. You can buy individual sockets or buy a whole set. I had to buy a specific size as the land cruiser filter size did not come in any kit and all my local stores didn’t carry it.
once you use a filter socket, you want go back.
That’s fine however, they don’t work on FRAM oil filters. They might, if you scrape off all of the rubber grip stuff.