Tired, literally and figuratively

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
YEs you can run the rears that low
The lower the pressure the higher you need to raise the deck because the whole mower will be closer to the ground.
I am on a flood plain so the ground around here is very fine silt & clog up tyres very quickly if the ground is wet .
The tyres Star linked to are termed "Open tread" not lugged
Lugged is like a tractor tyre and lugged tyres both compact the soil and rip chunks out unless you make wide smooth turns .
The tyres that have worked best for my customers have been the sand tyres which are open tread in a block pattern.

The softer you run your tyres the more likely is they will roll off the rims
I have had mowers come in with tyres so low they did not read on my gauge
However what I usually have happen is people who got their mower delivered running their tyres at the same pressure that the courier used to carry them\Trruck drivers pump the tyres up very hard so they can tie the the mower down securely
They are supposed to drop them to working pressure when delivered but as they are paid by the job , most just drop & run.
Owners never read the operators manual so they just keep the tyres at the pressure they were delivered with so the mower slips & slides every where.

Yesterday I replaced the key switch on a McCulloch 1942 the owner had had since 2011.
I showed them the 2 available switches , the painted one for $ 62 or the unpainted one for $ 35 drawing their attention to it being hard to see the reverse mow positionThey had never realized there was a key position for mowing backwards & thad been turning the blades off dozens of times every mow

1slow5point0h

Threads
I have some 22x11x10 ATV mud tires on mine. Pretty much solved any traction problem I’ll ever encounter.

smalltimerpm

Threads
YEs you can run the rears that low
The lower the pressure the higher you need to raise the deck because the whole mower will be closer to the ground.
I am on a flood plain so the ground around here is very fine silt & clog up tyres very quickly if the ground is wet .
The tyres Star linked to are termed "Open tread" not lugged
Lugged is like a tractor tyre and lugged tyres both compact the soil and rip chunks out unless you make wide smooth turns .
The tyres that have worked best for my customers have been the sand tyres which are open tread in a block pattern.

The softer you run your tyres the more likely is they will roll off the rims
I have had mowers come in with tyres so low they did not read on my gauge
However what I usually have happen is people who got their mower delivered running their tyres at the same pressure that the courier used to carry them\Trruck drivers pump the tyres up very hard so they can tie the the mower down securely
They are supposed to drop them to working pressure when delivered but as they are paid by the job , most just drop & run.
Owners never read the operators manual so they just keep the tyres at the pressure they were delivered with so the mower slips & slides every where.

Yesterday I replaced the key switch on a McCulloch 1942 the owner had had since 2011.
I showed them the 2 available switches , the painted one for $ 62 or the unpainted one for $ 35 drawing their attention to it being hard to see the reverse mow positionThey had never realized there was a key position for mowing backwards & thad been turning the blades off dozens of times every mow
I don't know if it is so much as the courier or just the manufactor who mounts the tires and inflates them from the factory. They normally are inflated to what's stated on the maximum pressure on the side of the tire. Take or give a few pounds in some instances. I've opened brand new mowers out of a crate that are already secured from manufactor that the tires mostly are at max pressure. I believe car tires and tire shops inflate or run close to what's stated on a tire unless the customer prefers otherwise.

1slow5point0h

Threads

Attachments

• 51037F83-6172-4405-BCE3-044B77879093.jpeg
    51037F83-6172-4405-BCE3-044B77879093.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 8
  • C2E17926-167F-418D-90CC-52688A4D6D56.jpeg
    C2E17926-167F-418D-90CC-52688A4D6D56.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 6