Tire pressure for zero turn lawn mowers

gajeepn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can anyone steer me towards the proper tire pressures for my John Deere z335e zero turn mower? I know the max says 22 psi on back tires but everything I read says 12-14 psi. Help me please! lol.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
According to the owners manual 15 psi front 10 psi rear. I normally go 20 front 10 rear.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Depends upon your grass & the ground underneath
If yours is quite solid then you can go higher
If you have soft soil then go lower to avoid ruts

DK35vince

Threads
I run 8 or 9 PSI (front and rear) for a smoother ride

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mine calls for 8 psi in rears, & 25 psi in fronts.. So I didn't try & re-invent the wheel..

gajeepn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply. Do you know the reason the side would say 22 max but most people put 14-15 psi? Better traction?
Depends upon your grass & the ground underneath
If yours is quite solid then you can go higher
If you have soft soil then go lower to avoid ruts

Mine calls for 8 psi in rears, & 25 psi in fronts.. So I didn't try & re-invent the wheel..
Now that is where I am confused. Mine says 22 psi max in the back tires. But some people have said they run 8 psi. Getting a lot of very different psi's here.

SamB

Threads
Thanks for the reply. Do you know the reason the side would say 22 max but most people put 14-15 psi? Better traction?

Now that is where I am confused. Mine says 22 psi max in the back tires. But some people have said they run 8 psi. Getting a lot of very different psi's here.
The pressure on the tire sidewall isn't to be confused with the recommended tire pressure for any particular mower. Use the sage advice here or in your owner's manual and ignore the sidewall numbers. The tire sidewall numbers are there for safety reasons, exceed them at your own risk,or risk an exploding tire.

Lawn Addict
Threads
That tire is used on many various things, & that is MAX psi.. Follow yer manual as was suggested.

lbrac

Threads
The max. pressure on the sidewall is for the max. recommended load for the tire. The max. load should also be listed on the sidewall. Your mower is likely considerably lighter than the max. load rating for the tire. The recommended pressure in the owner's manual is based on the weight of the mower.