tire changing

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just put two new 15X6x6 tires on JD wheels.
How do I seat the bead?

In the past I have put a rope around the tire and twisted it to get enough seal to air up. This is a stiff tire!!
I have to leave the valve stem in to put air in, as my air hose has to have the center pressed to release air.

Any tricks you have learned to help?

I used a Harbor Freight mini-tire changer $34 (with 20% off coupon) you can watch a video on Youtube.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
How do I seat the bead?

In the past I have put a rope around the tire and twisted it to get enough seal to air up. This is a stiff tire!!
I have to leave the valve stem in to put air in, as my air hose has to have the center pressed to release air.

I used a Harbor Freight mini-tire changer $34 (with 20% off coupon) you can watch a video on Youtube.
Lube the beads with liquid soap if you haven't and use 2 twisting sticks 180° apart. A no stretch rope material works best. Try that while I tax my old brain trying not to think of ether and a match.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
How do I seat the bead?

The pros have a thing called a sealing ring which is basically a big thick O ring, you can buy them from most trye repair suppliers.
Other than that I usually pull the valve and slip a tube into the tyre,
Inflate the tube to seat the bead on one side.
deflate the tube and remove it pop in a new valve.
The belt around the tyre should work now as you only have one bead to deal with

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
The pros have a thing called a sealing ring which is basically a big thick O ring, you can buy them from most trye repair suppliers.
Other than that I usually pull the valve and slip a tube into the tyre,
Inflate the tube to seat the bead on one side.
deflate the tube and remove it pop in a new valve.
The belt around the tyre should work now as you only have one bead to deal with

thanks for all replies...

I used a wide ratchet strap and it worked great. (A little work to get off, I had to let air out) One time I even heard the bead pop on.
I did have trouble after airing with a leak around the rim on one tire. I think because of them being 4 ply?
It said rated 570lbs at 30lbs. So, I put more air in. will recheck later and see if they held.
What pressure should I run these? opinions?