TimeMaster 30" stops

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Gees I get bored writing this
Grass clippings fall into the tank
The water gets displaced by the petrol then they are almost the same density as the fuel so they float within the fuel
As fuel gets sucked down the outlet hole they get sucked there as well where being too big to go through the hole they form a plug blocking off the outlet .
Engine stalls out and without the suction to hold them there they float off to do a repeat performance next time you use the mower

jlj1

Threads
Gees I get bored writing this
Grass clippings fall into the tank
The water gets displaced by the petrol then they are almost the same density as the fuel so they float within the fuel
As fuel gets sucked down the outlet hole they get sucked there as well where being too big to go through the hole they form a plug blocking off the outlet .
Engine stalls out and without the suction to hold them there they float off to do a repeat performance next time you use the mower
Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I should have also mentioned that when they become petrol soaked they become almost transparent that makes them hard to see when looking into the tank
Might not be your problem but it accounts for around 3 out of 4 "runs for x minutes then stops like it has run out of fuel " that come through the gate .

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Tank cap only needs to be off hand, two finger, tight. Meaning if you are right handed, use your left to reduce torque on the cap. Why, because your left is not as strong as your right. Just turn till it stops. These are not truck tire lug nuts.

Agreed with the others above. Flush the fuel tank completely. Blow out with compressed air and SAFETY GLASSES. Install new fuel line from tank to carb. New filter and inline shutoff won't hurt either.

Put your old ignition coil back on. POLISH the mounting pads where the coil sits and the coil where it sits on the pads. Gives the coil a refreshed ground to fire the plug. Gap the sucker too. Save the new coil as a door stop.

Stop buying parts until you test what you have.