Timecutter MX 5060 - Cranking Problem

Bigfoot100

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you, once again, bertsmobile1. Your guidance is invaluable. I opened both sides back up, but this time I took off the plastic engine cover/shroud so I could see the flywheel alignment and make sure I could follow the TDC guidance provided in the service manual. I found that all 4 valves were good, though one of them was towards the high end of the range above, so I adjusted it again. They are all in the 0.0025" range now, according to my brand new feeler gauge set. I did this with the engine cold, btw.

Before closing things up, I rotated the flywheel over and over again by hand to watch the valves. On the left side (Cylinder #1), I could clearly see the bottom valve pop slightly open for an instant every once in a while, and I'm assuming that this is the automatic decompression. However, I could NOT see this happen on the right side. So, a couple of questions:

1. Should the slight pop open happen on both top and bottom valves, or just the bottom one?
2. If I'm not getting the slight pop open on the right side (Cylinder #2), and the valve clearances are set properly, what could that mean? Is there a cam that I need to remove and inspect, and if so, any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not sure if the ACR is on both sides or just one .
Some twins only have one and others have none because effectivly it is a single of 1/2 the capacity as far as the starter motor is concerned .
I am not sure , hopefullt some one with more experience with Kawasaki engines will chime in .
If not come back with an "anyone ? " and I will do some digging

Bigfoot100

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone?

I'm really hoping that someone familiar with these 2-cylinder Kawasaki engines can tell me if the automatic compression release is on both sides or just Cylinder #1. Thanks in advance!