Time Cutter deck lift pedal

BudLight72

Threads
Foot Lift Kit
The foot lift kit allows EZTrak mower operators to easily raise or lower the mower deck without having to use their hands. This attachment is great for quickly raising or lowering the deck when unexpected obstacles like tree roots or rocks appear in the mowing path.

spotted this reference to a John Deere.

I have swales in one area of my lawn and if I leave my deck at the preferred height of 3” it will scalp the grass. As my mower moves across these higher points, I use the lift pedal to prevent the scalping. And just because you don’t think people are using it correctly doesn’t make you correct. And if this forum is turning into Facebook I’m out of here permanently.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I didn’t say it was used incorrectly, I said it wasn’t designed for that purpose. As I also said, to each his own, do as you please.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
To us old farts, it’s called the book of COMMON SENSE.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm probably older than you, but (IMO) common sense would dictate that pedal could be usable for anything that seems helpful..

And I'm out on this thread..

Last edited:

BudLight72

Threads
On my Toro mower, the foot lift kit is an optional accessory which I purchased and installed myself. The deck height adjustment, as provided by the factory, is performed using a handle which has a slotted index.
And I concur, I’m out of this thread as well. I hope everyone has a great day.

jcworks

Threads
To be honest with you, I’ve never heard of the deck lift being used this way.
I use the deck lift pedal on my MX5060 every time I mow because of tree roots above the ground. I do it in the run position too.

jcworks

Threads
Hi all,I just purchased a Toro Time Cutter 50" with MyRide. So far I love the machine, the only thing I am not so sure about is the deck lift pedal. I am a larger guy, 6'2" 370lb and I find it difficult to get my foot to the pedal as my knee makes contact with the control arm. I am wondering if anyone has modified the pedal to allow easier use of the foot pedal. I am thinking of using the hole for the foot peg and extending the peg forward toward the front of the machine to make it easier to get to the pedal.Anyone have thoughts or suggestions on this?
I don't have that problem; I just step on it, mow over the area, then let it back down. However, if you want to make an attachment it shouldn't be too hard to do. Make some measurements of what you need, draw it out on paper (like a schematic) and take it to a machine shop. They could probably make it pretty easily. It could fit over the pedal, extend out to the left a bit, then extend it forward to accommodate you. I made an attachment for my 50" deck on my that fits over the opening where the grass is expelled. Bought a sheet of 1/8" steel, had a machine shop cut it to my measurements, drilled some holes to bolt on and it works just fine for mulching leaves. Beats that $150 attachment Toro makes and I dont have to remove the deck to put it on. My yard would be 3" deep in leaves in the fall/winter. Works good for me.

BudLight72

Threads
I don't have that problem; I just step on it, mow over the area, then let it back down. However, if you want to make an attachment it shouldn't be too hard to do. Make some measurements of what you need, draw it out on paper (like a schematic) and take it to a machine shop. They could probably make it pretty easily. It could fit over the pedal, extend out to the left a bit, then extend it forward to accommodate you. I made an attachment for my 50" deck on my that fits over the opening where the grass is expelled. Bought a sheet of 1/8" steel, had a machine shop cut it to my measurements, drilled some holes to bolt on and it works just fine for mulching leaves. Beats that $150 attachment Toro makes and I dont have to remove the deck to put it on. My yard would be 3" deep in leaves in the fall/winter. Works good for me.
How do you open/close your chute blocker? I built mine with a piece of 22 ga. steel from Lowes using a locking throttle cable from NAPA.

Attachments

• 2F7648A1-7CB1-4D46-8D18-DDDCDFA26056.jpeg
    2F7648A1-7CB1-4D46-8D18-DDDCDFA26056.jpeg
    550 KB · Views: 6
Threads
Hi all,I just purchased a Toro Time Cutter 50" with MyRide. So far I love the machine, the only thing I am not so sure about is the deck lift pedal. I am a larger guy, 6'2" 370lb and I find it difficult to get my foot to the pedal as my knee makes contact with the control arm. I am wondering if anyone has modified the pedal to allow easier use of the foot pedal. I am thinking of using the hole for the foot peg and extending the peg forward toward the front of the machine to make it easier to get to the pedal.Anyone have thoughts or suggestions on this?

I know a guy that has the same problem and somehow he uses the other leg to press it. I also seen it on a YouTube video.