Tiger cub hydro question

jeffnang

Threads
Long story short. I have recently replaced both pumps with oem hydro gear pumps. I have also replaced the right side wheel motor with after market wheel motor.

I have no leaks and have purged the system by raising rear of mower and running fill fwd for 15in. Full rev for 15min with bypass valves open smd repeated the process with them closed. I then went and started to mow. I noticed that it felt weak going up hill. while I continued to mow I noticed that if you go full fwd, it actually looses power. If you pull back a bit and work the levers it will go up but will stop before it spins the tires.

I thought that if I ran it for a while it may clear up but there was no change and I mowed for about 4 hours.

Any advise would be appreciated.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
When you replaced the pumps you had to have the controls off... recheck that they are centered on the pump... also recheck the bypass ...
It can be very challenging to get All the air bled out of a pump motor system... :smile:KennyV

jeffnang

Threads
I thought about that and even thought about adjusting the rods but then I noticed that when I pulled back a bit on the controls it pulled better I kind of wrote that idea off.

jeffnang

Threads
Took the mower to a local repair shop (the place I purchased the pumps and wheel motor from). Since I didnt know what kind of warranty they had, I did not want to take any chances. The owner ordered a flow meter to determine the pumps and wheel motor are working properly.