The Unicorn that wasn’t

dougmacm

Threads
So, have you received them yet ? Looks like they are in stock now, and the price has dropped to $20 each.
My Sept order was CANCELED by them (site probably has a time limit on open orders), so I'll just have to re-order. They were $20.00 back then too, $23.00 was with shipping.

Thanks for checking the site and letting me know.

Doug

dougmacm

Threads
Ordered 5 blades and they shipped me only 2 ... they are again out of stock. They charged me the full shipping cost for 5 blades, and it appeared that they reduced the order to 2 blades with no back order.

I emailed them saying they needed to refund me around $9.50 for the shipping overcharge and got a reply saying my back order is still open and it will ship in 10-12 weeks. We'll see, if the B.O. is indeed open, my guess is they will cancel it as they did before at some point.

Doug

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
ordered a HL blade from ebay, $30 . Hoping it reduces the stragglers...

seller claims to have 2 more, c.more4lesssales , in case anyone else is interested.

dougmacm

Threads
I've still not received the 3 on Back Order from January ... guess I should be contacting them again.

MowerMike

Threads
I've still not received the 3 on Back Order from January ... guess I should be contacting them again.

Look on it from the bright side, at least they haven't let your credit card get stolen. :LOL:

dougmacm

Threads
Look on it from the bright side, at least they haven't let your credit card get stolen. :LOL:

They might have actually ... CC contacted me about some suspicious activity early June ... it was nothing we did so charges got denied and we got new cards.

Doug

dougmacm

Threads
maybe I got one of yours....?
Probably not ... I looked at the listing and those are shrink wrapped and a different P/N is mentioned, where the ones from SUN/GW come in a box. Guessing those are a retail / store version.

Doug

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
first use today, seems like a little advantage with a little more energy use. I'll know more later as we are under watering restrictions and it's hard to say how that affects straggler/mulching comparisons.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
after a few more uses, It seems like only 5-10% better performance for 30% or more energy use. If I could force the 'normal' blades to run at high power as often as this HD blade runs at high, there might be little noticeable difference.

of course, I'm on St. A and Bermuda grass. The blade seems to cut bermuda slightly better, but not St.A ....
northern grasses may respond better.