The Unicorn that wasn’t

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
would the

GreenWorks 2903402 80-Volt 21-Inch​

have more lift on my 21-inch 40v non-sp than the standard blade? will it fit?

Any reports on Maxpower or Arnold 'universal' blades?

Last edited:

dougmacm

Threads
would the

GreenWorks 2903402 80-Volt 21-Inch​

have more lift on my 21-inch 40v non-sp than the standard blade? will it fit?

Any reports on Maxpower or Arnold 'universal' blades?
Read my post #15 on running this HD blade on my 40V 21" mower.

There is no "universal" blade that fits these mowers due to the chevron shaped cut-outs and I've not searched Max Power or Arnold to see if they offer a direct replacement or not.

Doug

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
they seem to bypass the proprietary shape hole thing with slots - dunno about other fitment issues - just wondering......

1629824794826.png

1629824874227.png

dougmacm

Threads
they seem to bypass the proprietary shape hole thing with slots - dunno about other fitment issues - just wondering......

Here is my take on trying something "generic" ...

1. The GW Blade mount is PLASTIC, personally I want maximum engagement with the blade, which you will not get with universal oversized openings.

2. The motor shaft on these mowers is not very large nor is the blade retaining bolt, so I would not want to mount a blade that is any heavier than an O.E. blade. Also, the bearings in the motor that the shaft spins in are sized to match the small shaft too.

3. The O.E. GW blades are also thinner steel and not as wide as a typical lawnmower blade, so I doubt there is a generic one out there as THIN or as NARROW as the GW blades. Thicker and/or wider is only going to ADD weight which will drastically reduce run time and shorten motor life.

4. The GW locating chevrons also "center" the blade, where these generic blades use washer spacers to reduce down to the mounting bolt size ... it would be pretty tough to get a generic blade perfectly centered without the chevrons to avoid any unbalance.

Bottom line is any added weight is only going to overwork the batteries / motor and any unbalance will probably wreck the light duty electric motor pretty quickly.

Doug

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
well, seems kinda like there's a move to make blades incompatible like the batteries.

dougmacm

Threads
Just ordered up 6 HD 2908902 blades ... $138.00 shipped / $23 each. Got 4 for myself and two for a friend that just picked up a Kobalt 80V just like mine after trying it out at his house.

Based on the 10-12 weeks they told me on 08/24 (post #20), they should ship by mid-November. Will not matter to me if they ship even later, as mowing season will be done anyway.

Doug

MowerMike

Threads
Just ordered up 6 HD 2908902 blades ... $138.00 shipped / $23 each. Got 4 for myself and two for a friend that just picked up a Kobalt 80V just like mine after trying it out at his house.

Based on the 10-12 weeks they told me on 08/24 (post #20), they should ship by mid-November. Will not matter to me if they ship even later, as mowing season will be done anyway.

Doug

Looks like you bought them out >>> https://greenworks.ordertree.com/heavy-duty-blade.html

dougmacm

Threads

MowerMike

Threads
No ... they are out of stock, but they let you still place an order and they will ship when they get them in. Unlike many sites that don't let you put items in your cart if out of stock, this is nice in that I don't have to keep checking back to see if they are stock or not.

Doug
So, have you received them yet ? Looks like they are in stock now, and the price has dropped to $20 each.