The saga continues

soupysocks

Threads
A long long time ago in our current galixy on the planet earth there was a retail store called Wal Mart that listed a Weedeater 300 series push mower forsale for $154.00. It was out of stock at the time and the Ferry was not back in the water to deliver goods to the local store in Yellowknife.

During that time many requests went unanswered as to if the Wal Mart store was to get lawn mowers and if so was this weedeater going to be one of them. Not one associate was abe to answer the questions and after repeated attempts to find out (3 weeks and 2 calls to Wal Mart Head Office) it was determined that the store was not to stock ANY lawn mowers this year.

Moving forward the Weedeater lawn mower is listed as out of stock since early May and its now July and it still says out of stock on the website. I tried asking wal mart if they are going to get anymore in and they say they should be as long as its listed on their site. I got a call 3 weeks ago from the local store saying the Weedeater is out of stock and to pick another one they can MTR up, so I picked the Murray version, they said 2 weeks tops it will be here. 2 days later the "discontinued" Weedeater appears back on the website and is still in production according to Wal Mart Canada. I ask again to keep me informed as to when it will become avalible. Now waiting for my Murry to arrive, it does but a sales associate accidentlly sells it on the spot, they are trying to get another one up here but so far that model is sold out.

Nobody from Wal mart has called me back and its been over 2 months now!!!!! the story is a bit more complicated but this is the short version, has anyone anywhere seen the 22" side discharge Weedeater on shelves forsale? and who makes these lawnmowers, I am temped to contact the supplier to get a update on stocking!

Parkmower

Threads
Why so dead set on buying a cheap mower from wal mart? Surely there is another place in town to get a cheap new mower. Maybe a dealer?

soupysocks

Threads
I live up in a very remote city with only Canadian Tire, which is sold out of lawnmowers (gas) and the other places that sell limited lawnmowers are priced out of this world!

Not trying to be picky, but dont want to spend $600 on a mower (what the other places are charging) I was just expecting more from Wal Mart's customer service...

txzrider

Threads
Walmart is the last place I would expect even avg custoemer service.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm not sure about this but I think AYP makes Weedeater, also make Poulan and Craftsman and a bunch of others. The only Weedeater mower I've seen was a rider at Home Depot. It was an ugly thing.

Parkmower

Threads
I've seen them at walmart. Push mower with Green deck and 500 series briggs. They seem to have been replaced with the new Murrays.

soupysocks

Threads
Well the saga is nearing the end.

Wal-Mart has told me that the Weedeater is still in production and is on back order, I still have dibs on it when it comes in and will get one as they did confirm the production of those mowers.

Now to compensate me with all that trouble, they are going to do the following:

#1. Give me a free lawnmower - no charge because of the hassel and wait time.
#2. Give me a $100 gift certificate to use in any Wal Mart Stores.

I should have the new mower by Friday. Although they dropped the ball I am happy with the outcome, the store Manager was really nice and sorry for the trouble they put me through. I will post up Pics of my new mower when I get it this weekend!

soupysocks

Threads
Well I got my Murray Lawnmower in, have to say I am still not happy, I would rather the Weedeater with the adjustable wheels and a better deck IMO. The Murray was okay to assemble.

I am happy with the Local Walmart store for trying to please me, but very dissapointed with Walmart's upper management, esp when trying to locate the one I wanted in the first place, the emails were computer generated garbage and no answer was ever given to me on when they will be getting more in or if they can ship another one up from another store in the USA.

I won't be going back to Walmart for any lawn or garden products in the future, they lost me as a customer for good...