The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

OK, OK, So I lied about the Fire-works and the dancing girls....... SO WHAT !! .. at least it opened your eyes !! .:laughing:..:laughing:

C8wRt-kWsAEf3cI.jpg

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
NEW YEARS EVE

Here it is the last day of 2017! A New Year is on the horizon and I'd like to wish everyone a healthy and prosperous one in 2018.

Where is Bert-Man at? I thought he said he was going to be back by now, but perhaps he is still off celebrating, although I guess it's already New Years down there.

I've been enjoying watching the itty-bitty tides they have down here rather than the ten to twelve footers we have at home that creates the monster currents that flow by our house every day.

It's also nice to watch the breezes blowing across the sawgrass marsh that is dotted with palm trees. Beats hell out of watching snow blowing horizontally past your windows!

Even the cool weather that is expected for the first week of the New Year here, is head and shoulders above the below zero temps that are sweeping the nation right now.

Ayup! This is pretty fine livin', if I do say so myself..

OK Boo - what's up for excitement? I think I'm going to the local flea market this morning.

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Wi-Fi

RJ11 - Little phone jack

RJ45 - Big phone jack

one is PHONE, other is used for ETHERNET !! ..AND THAT'S NOT Jack-Squat either ! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: NEW YEARS EVE

Here it is the last day of 2017! A New Year is on the horizon and I'd like to wish everyone a healthy and prosperous one in 2018.

Where is Bert-Man at? I thought he said he was going to be back by now, but perhaps he is still off celebrating, although I guess it's already New Years down there.

I've been enjoying watching the itty-bitty tides they have down here rather than the ten to twelve footers we have at home that creates the monster currents that flow by our house every day.

It's also nice to watch the breezes blowing across the sawgrass marsh that is dotted with palm trees. Beats hell out of watching snow blowing horizontally past your windows!

Even the cool weather that is expected for the first week of the New Year here, is head and shoulders above the below zero temps that are sweeping the nation right now.

Ayup! This is pretty fine livin', if I do say so myself..

OK Boo - what's up for excitement? I think I'm going to the local flea market this morning.

Rog

We got cornered into visiting with PART of the family for a New-Years dinner at wifeys sisters place, heading out this mornin, the family fireworks are still going strong, some gals just can't accept, what they can't change, it is what it is, so live with it, it's NOT a forever thing ! Should be fun listenin to the "ladies" talkin bout the "OTHER" ladies !! ..( LOL )

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Happy 2018 Australia

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Happy New Year to y'all in Oz, or, "Up Over !"
(I consider the South Pole to be the top of Planet Earth,to which,
I have long ago formed the South Superior Society.....)
This was formed out of a notion to test geographical knowledge by inverting the traditional globe
to see if people could identify features (Countries,States,Oceans,etc) on an upside-right world.....

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is It Right?

Pardon me while I vent..............
I know a Generation X individual who has a "hobby" turning pens.
I say "hobby" because he sells the fruits of his endeavor, sometimes for rather lucrative amounts of money.
Well, apparently his lathe is on its last legs; he NEEDS a new one.

Cost of lathe and attachments: $5K.

His family just went thru a move from mid-Atlantic to the State of Sunshine.
Bought a "fixer-upper" for more $$ than I have paid for ALL my houses combined........
So I would imagine that most of their disposable income is going there......

So, now the new lathe.
They have gone to all the wells formerly available to them til those have all run dry.
A wealthy relative recently passed away, removing the traditional boat-load of coin they used to receive for Christmas.
They have alienated all their parents except 1, and they owe that one so much $$$ that it isn't funny.
(Actually, THEY consider the appreciable sum received from that parent as a GIFT....which they are NOT obligated to repay...)
That opinion is NOT shared by the benefactor parent,btw.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
He sets up a "donation" plea on a website that allows people to solicit donations for ANY reason.............
"I need a new toy so I can make extra money...please donate it to me!"
(Seems like an online panhandling scheme to me...)
I cannot comprehend the rationale behind thinking that everyone else should contribute to a person's success--just for the asking !!

Now, he does make some rather refined and innovative writing instruments, but......
Does it really take a village to raise a pen turner ??????

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

do people still write with those things?

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

that friend live in Georgia?