The Best Commercial Lawn Mower

Threads
I found this website that showed a pie chart of the best-voted mowers. Exmark's Lazer Z was at the top, followed by a Walker and a Toro mower.

best lawn mowers.jpg
(Top voted lawn care equipment. | Lawn Care Business Marketing Tips - GopherHaul Blog)

It also has the top trimmers and blowers. Of course, other people might like other brands. For example, I think an Echo leaf blower would beat out a Troy-Bilt. :confused3:

Also, different brands are popular in different parts of the country.

Last edited:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
lmf,

Since these ratings are "voted by the members of the Gopher Lawn Care Business Forum", I'm not certain how "representative" they would be of the nationwide population. It's not surprising that Exmark is at the top(and based upon their market share in the lawn care business would probably be #1 or #2 in any poll), and the Toro and Walker aren't surprises either. But the absence of Hustler ZTR's(VERY popular in Tennessee, I don't know about your area) makes me wonder, what a pie chart from this forum would look like(or any other forum). Maybe we should challenge the Forum Administrator here to give their webmaster that task:0)

Threads

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is a good point. Also (as you said), mowers that are popular in my area may not be as popular where you live. There are some polls that are kind of like the pie chart you suggested (except they are bar graphs on the main site): http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/polls/11755-brand-zero-turn-mower-would-you-get.html.
But that would be a good idea to have the admin make something like you suggested!

lmf,
Thanks for that link...I never realized there was a "poll" here. Doesn't look like there's been much activity on it, but at least it had Grasshoppers on it(another popular ZTR for commercial landscapers around here). As you can guess, I voted for Gravely:0)
If we could encourage a couple hundred users on here to vote we could have our own "forum-specific" statistics:0)

Threads
lmf,
Thanks for that link...I never realized there was a "poll" here. Doesn't look like there's been much activity on it, but at least it had Grasshoppers on it(another popular ZTR for commercial landscapers around here). As you can guess, I voted for Gravely:0)
If we could encourage a couple hundred users on here to vote we could have our own "forum-specific" statistics:0)

Yes, that is a good idea! You can create polls very easily...almost as easy as a thread....you should make one if you have an idea...I like seeing what people think! :tongue: