Temasech BVS143

cygnet

Forum Newbie
Threads
I do not know the manufacturer of my Dad's lawnmower. It has a yellow body and only name is 38BH. It has a Tecumseh engine. It has been unused for acouple of years, but was working before that. I can get the engine to start using an air inlet aerosol as fuel, and can keep it running with regular squirts so the engine is OK, but as soon as I stop the spray the engine stops. This leads me to believe there is a fuel blockage. There is petrol into bottom of carbuerator float casing/ I have had the bottom off and the float is free and spotless. The valve operated by the float is also spotless and free. The fuel/air needle valve was a bit dirty and I cleaned that. I suspect that the blockage is in the venturi between the float casing and the needle valve. I have tried spraying switch cleaner and wd40 without success. I have also tried to push a very thin wire through but don't know if the wire is so thin it hasn't got the strength to get right through or if it has reached the blockage and cannot shift it. Is there a simple way to to do this or does anyone have any other ideas?

There 4 photos posted by someone else on this thread.
http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/small...-here-really-stuck-need-soem-help-please.html

In the third one, which is upside down, the small pick up hole for the petrol is hidden by the yellow float, but the hole appears to lead up to where the needle valve in the 1st picture is seen.

I don't have the manual for the machine to refer to, so any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can you post a pic of the mower and one of us will tell you what it is.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair forum. :smile:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Here is a manual for your engine. Read chapter 5. My suggestion is to remove the card and have it cleaned with and ultrasonic cleaner or give it a two day bath in mineral spirits. Afterwards clean it good with your carb cleaner and install a new float needle and seat, plus gaskets.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12502267/Tecumseh/Tecumseh L-Head.pdf

cygnet

Forum Newbie
Threads
Rivets, many thanks for the manual. Will need to get it read and understood and work out what bits apply. I now know what I'm looking for rather than doing it blind. Sun is meant to shine now, so will have another go at it next week.