Tecumseh peerless transmission

goodO1boydws

Threads
Post photos of any keys that you have no matter how much they are worn,
If you don't have ANY, then post a photo of the recesses that they go into.

The odds are very good that they are standard sized parts in one of 2 shapes-either square in cross section, or shaped like a slice off of a solid circle. The second shaped ones are called "Woodruff" keys. ON OLDER MACHINES THE KEYS WOULD BE IN INCH SIZING, NEWER ONES HAVE A GOOD CHANCE OF BEING METRIC.

EITHER shape of keys can be found in the hardware section of a GOOD hardware store or big box stores where they have the trays of various specialty nuts, bolts, washers, hitch clips, springs, etc.

Collections of each of these shapes in several sizes,( lengths, widths), usually packed in a FLAT compartmented plastic box, can be bought online fairly inexpensively ($10.-20.00), and sometimes you can find packaged assortments of fewer keys, cheaper, without the box.

If you work on cars and/or other machinery much and live out n the sticks like me, having a bunch of these types of collections (in the boxes) of less used but common hardware parts on hand can save you a LOT of time and effort when you DO need one or a few of the odd parts.

Here are links to AMAZON pages for both.

Woodruff keys

Standard square keys.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Post photos of any keys that you have no matter how much they are worn,
If you don't have ANY, then post a photo of the recesses that they go into.

The odds are very good that they are standard sized parts in one of 2 shapes-either square in cross section, or shaped like a slice off of a solid circle. The second shaped ones are called "Woodruff" keys. ON OLDER MACHINES THE KEYS WOULD BE IN INCH SIZING, NEWER ONES HAVE A GOOD CHANCE OF BEING METRIC.

EITHER shape of keys can be found in the hardware section of a GOOD hardware store or big box stores where they have the trays of various specialty nuts, bolts, washers, hitch clips, springs, etc.

Collections of each of these shapes in several sizes,( lengths, widths), usually packed in a FLAT compartmented plastic box, can be bought online fairly inexpensively ($10.-20.00), and sometimes you can find packaged assortments of fewer keys, cheaper, without the box.

If you work on cars and/or other machinery much and live out n the sticks like me, having a bunch of these types of collections (in the boxes) of less used but common hardware parts on hand can save you a LOT of time and effort when you DO need one or a few of the odd parts.

Here are links to AMAZON pages for both.

Woodruff keys

Standard square keys.
I think he is looking for the shift keys . 1673120043040.png

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Shift keys in a peerless tranny are not square o woodruff. You will not find them in any hardware store. IL‘s posted picture shows type, but there are others available, which is why we need picture or numbers.

goodO1boydws

Threads
OK I see.
I h you find the ones you need.

The photo is a little fuzzy, but It looks as though it might have started out life as a piece of square bar stock-then been machined.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OK I see.
I h you find the ones you need.

The photo is a little fuzzy, but It looks as though it might have started out life as a piece of square bar stock-then been machined.
No they started off life as power
They are a powder metal pressings
Hard to tell till you have a close look at the fracture surface
And they fracture because you can not shift on the move but some customers never learn $$$$$
Both of my after market suppliers (Stens & RGS ) do aftermarket keys for some models

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
Hi! I'm looking for shaft keys for the transmission if anybody got any i would like to buy them 4 or maybe 2.
I believe I have them in stock. To my knowledge there was only one part number for the spring/slot keys that engage into the appropriate gear when shifting. I refer to them as shifting keys.