Tecumseh ID

topconker

Threads
I have been asked to look at a lawn mower fitted with Tecumseh motor. I can see the label on the side of the model that states CTR156 does this make any sense to anyone.
The problem is there is oil coming out of the crank case breather.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check to see if the oil is above the full mark and if the oil on the dipstick smells like gas. If either is positive you probably have a carb problem. When you post back with what you found include a couple of pictures of the ID tag and engine, so we can figure out what model engine you have.

topconker

Threads
Thanks Rivets, the numbers I have given are they the right ones to use to ID the motor?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ok, this is going to take a little work, but I will try to help you out. First, I am assuming you are in Europe, maybe Austria, which will not help us, but we will get through it. I believe you have a Centura engine, does it say anything like that on the engine? Second, what exactly are you looking for. Third, be very specific with your problem, because I don’t want to point you in the wrong direction. I’ll be here for about an hour or I’ll have to get back to you tomorrow.

topconker

Threads
Hi Rivets, I am based in the UK. I have asked to investigate why this motor is throwing out oil from the crankcase breather when it is running.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you check the oil level and does it smell like gas?