TB230 not running. Please Help.

Tincup19

Member
I had posted once before but didn’t get a whole lot of info. My Troy Bilt TB230 won’t run correctly. If I get it to start it just sputters. I’ve taken the carb apart 3 different times and cleaned it. Everytime immediately after cleaning everything it runs normal for 5 or 10 seconds and goes back to sputtering again. The thing is I’m really good condition otherwise but I’m ready to throw it in the dumpster.
 
Have you verified good fuel flow to the carb? either the fuel line is collapsing internally or the gas cap vent is plugged. It may also be valve clearances out of spec.
 
Well not sure what all of that entails but the float bowl is filled normally everytime I take the carb apart to clean it. And Ive tried opening the gas cap when it’s sputtering but still nothing. Dumped the gas and oil and put in new still nothing.
 
Would you post the model number off the black and silver tag so we know exactly which engine you have?
 
Sorry, but I thought I could get the engine model using the mower numbers. TroyBilt doesn’t always provide info on their website. Can you please post all numbers you can find on the engine. Need to know if you have a Briggs or a clone. Thank you.
 
I need the model numbers, not series numbers, which are on the engine. Just got called to work, be back later today.
 
There is an engine # somewhere - valve cover, shroud, block. If Briggs - eg: 12S912-1234-E1. then code eg: 09111701
 
Back
Top