TB 30R carb problems.

Gerard D

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the TB30 riding mower. The carb on it was pretty gunked up so instead of spending a bunch of time trying to clean it I bought a new one. The problem I have now is the new carb doesn't seem to stop the flow of fuel. it starts to flood its self quickly. If I put a fuel hose clamp on it to reduce the flow from the tank then the mower will run and I was able to mow the lawn. If I don't then it will flood and die. then after it sits for a moment then I try to start it then it spits a lot of fuel out of the carb. I then have to clamp the fuel line all the way to essentially turn off the fuel and turn it over for a while. Then it will start and I have to release the clamp but only a little so it doesn't flow too much. afterwards I just finished clamping the hose to cut fuel off all together so it doesn't leak out. Any idea what the problem is or how to fix this?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You bought it off Amazon or ebay did you ?
Welcome to the world of slease bags selling defective parts to cheapskates pretending they are good .
So now you have a good carb that needs attention and a junk carb that needs attention
Pull the garbage carb apart and check it actually has a float and a float needle
Then check the needle is not deformed and the seat is both clean & has a sharp edge on the hole for the needle to seat into
then flip it upside down & check that the valve will actually cut the fuel supply off ( blow through the fuel inlet ) before the float touches the carb body .