Export thread

TB 30R carb problems.

G

Gerard D

I have the TB30 riding mower. The carb on it was pretty gunked up so instead of spending a bunch of time trying to clean it I bought a new one. The problem I have now is the new carb doesn't seem to stop the flow of fuel. it starts to flood its self quickly. If I put a fuel hose clamp on it to reduce the flow from the tank then the mower will run and I was able to mow the lawn. If I don't then it will flood and die. then after it sits for a moment then I try to start it then it spits a lot of fuel out of the carb. I then have to clamp the fuel line all the way to essentially turn off the fuel and turn it over for a while. Then it will start and I have to release the clamp but only a little so it doesn't flow too much. afterwards I just finished clamping the hose to cut fuel off all together so it doesn't leak out. Any idea what the problem is or how to fix this?

B

bertsmobile1

You bought it off Amazon or ebay did you ?
Welcome to the world of slease bags selling defective parts to cheapskates pretending they are good .
So now you have a good carb that needs attention and a junk carb that needs attention
Pull the garbage carb apart and check it actually has a float and a float needle
Then check the needle is not deformed and the seat is both clean & has a sharp edge on the hole for the needle to seat into
then flip it upside down & check that the valve will actually cut the fuel supply off ( blow through the fuel inlet ) before the float touches the carb body .