Synthetic oil

Lawn Addict
Threads
In speaking on the phone directly to a Shell Rotella tech, he advised that for my solid lifter cam Kawasaki the Rotella T-4 had the most additives best suited for my application.

And T-4 is the only one that is JASO approved, which is what the Kawasaki manual recommends, a JASO approved oil.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
:thumbsup:
I may use rotella in my next Kawasaki change, 5 more hours.

I'll blame you if it blows up Buddy.
:p :laughing:

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Look on any oil you're buying for the API spec in the little circle sunburst deal. If it's SM it has reduced anti wear additives, if it's SN or SN+ (plus) it has almost none of the barrier lube additives the older and air cooled motors need to survive. If it is not listed I'd keep looking for something else.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I ran it all this year & now did oil & filter change using it again, & I'm gonna start using it in my old B&S push mower.

Scrub- sure blame me.

PS: On the back or bottom of the jug is the date it was bottled, I try & get the newest date available.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I ran it all this year & now did oil & filter change using it again, & I'm gonna start using it in my old B&S push mower.

Scrub- sure blame me.

PS: On the back or bottom of the jug is the date it was bottled, I try & get the newest date available.

Wow, I had no idea they (or at least shell) put dates on The containers:thumbsup:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most of the oils I use do have dates on the back or bottom or even front, depending on brand.

After 5 years the additives are about depleted even if jug has never been opened. Like milk, I always look.

So whatever oil you choose, I would just say to not get El-cheap-o oil.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Rule 1: Any oil is better than no oil.

Rule 2: The right kind of oil is better than the wrong kind.

Rule 3: The right amount of oil is better than the wrong amount.

Rule 4: Fresh oil is better than old oil.

Rule 5: ?