Swisher 66" considered

ukrkoz

Threads
Hi all
I am considering a 66" Swisher tow behind mower. Apparently, Encore 70" is not made anymore, neither is its 60" brethren, so can't have those. Swisher is next in line.
I am curious, from the first hand owners, how good are they? I have rather rough terrain (not rocks, just poorly graded) and regular mowers, including 2 ZTRs, just don't stand the beating or, my back and neck can't stand the rough ride. I currently mow with 60" powered tow behind flail and UTV, and it worked best but, that thing already has cracked deck, wheel keeps coming off the axle and wheel bearing is cracked, after 3 years of service. Plus, cut is so so.
I saw many very good reviews of Swisher but just can't get over how cheaply made it looks. Too many welds, too many bolts holding too many parts, rather thin looking deck lift rods.... Some guy on YT bought one, is very happy and after I contacted him, he still has no remorse and highly recommends it.
Owners? Your real life experience?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have a very funny idea of cheap
Swisher are a small company with small production runs so getting thick steel sections presses or bent is financially not an option
Bolt are good because it means the part can be replaced rather than the entire assembly.
Smooth & sexy is what you see in Playboy not on a mower .

ukrkoz

Threads
Yeah, beauty is in the eye of beholder but just look at Encore product and you WILL see what I'm talking about. Build quality shows itself. Along with design. For same money, actually.
And I do not have funny idea of what's reliable, I have experience of anything bolted on my mowers falling apart and in rather a short time.
Anyhow

Owners? Any?

ukrkoz

Threads
Well, I found visual answer to my question.
Go to 3:03 and 4:09 here:
That's future mower deck, going into powder coating. Mind you, into POWDER COATING, not into sand blasting.
Noticed something? RUST. Same exactly rusted panel is powder coated at 4:09. You can, actually, see same rust stains. Anyone, who has slightest experience with painting metals, knows very well that you can not paint over rust.
Done. No interest.