Export thread

Substitute For Super UDT 2?

K

K260Kenny

I searched and didn't find an answer, is there a lower cost fluid that will work in place of the Super UDT 2? Thanks

StarTech

StarTech

What can't afford 1 gal @ 26.56 (6.64 /qt) or a 2.5 gallon @ 65.66 (6.566/qt)? Not too bad for a full synthetic oil.

K

K260Kenny

Didn't say I couldn't afford it, just asking if there was something that cost less. Thanks for the help.

StarTech

StarTech

Oh there is fluids that cost less but just not compatible with the specs that the Hydrostatic drive unit require but if it is your personal unit use what whatever if you don't mind risking an expensive repair later but I don't skimp on the fluids myself especially as much the hydrostatic unit on the RTV900 I service costs.

R

Rivets

You have a $20,000+ unit, trying to save a buck or two on an oil change, which only needs to be done every two to three years, doesn’t make much sense. I recommend you stick to using Super UDT, to maximize the life of the machine.

K

K260Kenny

Oh there is fluids that cost less but just not compatible with the specs that the Hydrostatic drive unit require but if it is your personal unit use what whatever if you don't mind risking an expensive repair later but I don't skimp on the fluids myself especially as much the hydrostatic unit on the RTV900 I service costs.
Yeah, I get that, I could put used cooking oil in it and it would probably work but my question was about something that would work in place of it which generally means, to most people, something that is compatible or comparable to what is recommended. You have been absolutely zero help answering my question trying to show folks how smart you are, it'd be great if you would just stop being a dick or add me to your ignore list. Or both.....

K

K260Kenny

You have a $20,000+ unit, trying to save a buck or two on an oil change, which only needs to be done every two to three years, doesn’t make much sense. I recommend you stick to using Super UDT, to maximize the life of the machine.
$20k+? :ROFLMAO: You guys are killing me.

B

bertsmobile1

Well I will put things slightly differently
I use after market parts where ever possible and that includes oils
None of my suppliers lists an alternative for Super UDT
So unless Kubota lists an alternative oil in the owners handbook , stick with theirs
The other alternative is to ring the Mobil / Valvoline / etc tech support line and ask them if they have a product that is equivalent
Compared to the sorts of prices I pay for synthetic oils down here that is really cheap

K

K260Kenny

Well I will put things slightly differently
I use after market parts where ever possible and that includes oils
None of my suppliers lists an alternative for Super UDT
So unless Kubota lists an alternative oil in the owners handbook , stick with theirs
The other alternative is to ring the Mobil / Valvoline / etc tech support line and ask them if they have a product that is equivalent
Compared to the sorts of prices I pay for synthetic oils down here that is really cheap
Thanks for that info, I appreciate it!

R

Rivets

Why are you laughing at my answer? You don’t tell us whether you have a $5K lawn tractor or a $300K series M fully loaded. My psychic powers and most of the other techs around here have been limited due to COVID so we make some mistakes.

StarTech

StarTech

Well here is the price for the one I work on for my customer.
1661275257997.png

R

Rivets

Exactly, and that looks like a basic model.

StarTech

StarTech

Actually the stripped down base model is 15K.

K

K260Kenny

Why are you laughing at my answer? You don’t tell us whether you have a $5K lawn tractor or a $300K series M fully loaded. My psychic powers and most of the other techs around here have been limited due to COVID so we make some mistakes.
You guys are making a lot of assumptions about me and my equipment and completely bypassed answering the question. It doesn't matter if I have a $200,000 tractor or if I'm changing the oil or killing ants with it, the question was is there a lower cost substitute and you completely ignored that trying to "educate" me about saving a dollar. Stop trying to be a psychic and just answer the question like bertsmobile1 did, if you don't have an answer then go to the next post. It's very simple.

R

Rivets

So you are saying if we would have simply said NO, then you would have been happy and the thread would have ended. That’s not how this forum works. When I answer a member question, I do so in a way that can educate others who may be asking it in the future. You are not the only person who comes to this forum with Kubota questions and this is not the first time this question has been asked and answered.

K

K260Kenny

So you are saying if we would have simply said NO, then you would have been happy and the thread would have ended. That’s not how this forum works. When I answer a member question, I do so in a way that can educate others who may be asking it in the future. You are not the only person who comes to this forum with Kubota questions and this is not the first time this question has been asked and answered.
No would have been an actual answer so yes, in your case, it would have been better. What do you mean I'm not the only one that comes to this forum with a Kubota question? Whaaattt? I'm shocked!
I figured it had to have been asked before but searching didn't find anything, you could have posted a link to one of those threads instead of all of this 🐄:poop:

StarTech

StarTech

As said before do whatever you want with your own equipment but as far as I know there is no sub for the UDT2. I just don't do it as a repair business as I don't need the liabiltiy of a failure because I subbed an unapproved lubricate.

K

K260Kenny

As said before do whatever you want with your own equipment but as far as I know there is no sub for the UDT2. I just don't do it as a repair business as I don't need the liabiltiy of a failure because I subbed an unapproved lubricate.
Perfect, thanks!

R

Rivets

Sorry, simply answer, NO.

K

K260Kenny

Sorry, simply answer, NO.
See how easy that was?

R

Rivets

Just about as easy as you telling us the type of Kubota you have and that you were only concerned about the possibility of saving money. Wait, you didn’t do that.

K

K260Kenny

Just about as easy as you telling us the type of Kubota you have and that you were only concerned about the possibility of saving money. Wait, you didn’t do that.
Yes, but that information wasn't required to answer the question that was asked.