Substitute For Super UDT 2?

K260Kenny

Threads
I searched and didn't find an answer, is there a lower cost fluid that will work in place of the Super UDT 2? Thanks

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What can't afford 1 gal @ 26.56 (6.64 /qt) or a 2.5 gallon @ 65.66 (6.566/qt)? Not too bad for a full synthetic oil.

K260Kenny

Threads
Didn't say I couldn't afford it, just asking if there was something that cost less. Thanks for the help.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Oh there is fluids that cost less but just not compatible with the specs that the Hydrostatic drive unit require but if it is your personal unit use what whatever if you don't mind risking an expensive repair later but I don't skimp on the fluids myself especially as much the hydrostatic unit on the RTV900 I service costs.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have a $20,000+ unit, trying to save a buck or two on an oil change, which only needs to be done every two to three years, doesn’t make much sense. I recommend you stick to using Super UDT, to maximize the life of the machine.

K260Kenny

Threads
Oh there is fluids that cost less but just not compatible with the specs that the Hydrostatic drive unit require but if it is your personal unit use what whatever if you don't mind risking an expensive repair later but I don't skimp on the fluids myself especially as much the hydrostatic unit on the RTV900 I service costs.
Yeah, I get that, I could put used cooking oil in it and it would probably work but my question was about something that would work in place of it which generally means, to most people, something that is compatible or comparable to what is recommended. You have been absolutely zero help answering my question trying to show folks how smart you are, it'd be great if you would just stop being a dick or add me to your ignore list. Or both.....

K260Kenny

Threads
You have a $20,000+ unit, trying to save a buck or two on an oil change, which only needs to be done every two to three years, doesn’t make much sense. I recommend you stick to using Super UDT, to maximize the life of the machine.
$20k+? :ROFLMAO: You guys are killing me.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well I will put things slightly differently
I use after market parts where ever possible and that includes oils
None of my suppliers lists an alternative for Super UDT
So unless Kubota lists an alternative oil in the owners handbook , stick with theirs
The other alternative is to ring the Mobil / Valvoline / etc tech support line and ask them if they have a product that is equivalent
Compared to the sorts of prices I pay for synthetic oils down here that is really cheap

K260Kenny

Threads
Well I will put things slightly differently
I use after market parts where ever possible and that includes oils
None of my suppliers lists an alternative for Super UDT
So unless Kubota lists an alternative oil in the owners handbook , stick with theirs
The other alternative is to ring the Mobil / Valvoline / etc tech support line and ask them if they have a product that is equivalent
Compared to the sorts of prices I pay for synthetic oils down here that is really cheap
Thanks for that info, I appreciate it!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Why are you laughing at my answer? You don’t tell us whether you have a $5K lawn tractor or a $300K series M fully loaded. My psychic powers and most of the other techs around here have been limited due to COVID so we make some mistakes.